Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700 bold

Blackberry Messenger. Hacked

Someone requested me as a friend on blackberry messenger. i confirmed because i wanted to know who it was.  To cut a long story short. The next time i tried loggin into facebook. I was informed that someone from an unusual place had been trying to hack my account. turns out this was around 5 mins after i had confirmed the person on blackberry messenger. Can they attempt to hack my emails too?

Has anyone any suggestions on what to do? ive had two email accounts configured into my blackberry too. Should i be reinstalling the software??

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Messenger. Hacked

So no one hacked your BlackBerry Messenger... (which is actually impossible), you only accepted a friend. Having a friend in BlackBerry Messenger does not give anyone access to Facebook or your emails.

If you're afraid your email or Facebook password has been compromised, change them both.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi,

are you using IM+ ?

I've been using it, and it seems to log you into FB chat (if you are using this) in random locations around the world. Facebook detects this and then locks your account?

Sounds like the problem I had with FB & IM+ lite

BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: US Cellular

No one can hack BBM. It's not possible. As said above, chat programs like IM+, and Beejive do have to get permission to log into facebook. It could be facebook's servers seeing you log in from your desktop at home, and then logging in on your device, which would show Waterloo, Canada. The sluggishness could be the app you installed or a bad boot up.
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Bold 2

I went into a site and I noticed that all my blackberry details are shown..the model and type with my IP address.Also,my country.Has my BB being hacked?

adextricy wrote:
I went into a site and I noticed that all my blackberry details are shown..the model and type with my IP address.Also,my country.Has my BB being hacked?

No, your BlackBerry hasn't been hacked. Not possible.

And you're statement "I went into a site and I noticed that all my blackberry details are shown" is about as vague as can be. What site? And what has this got to do with BlackBerry Messenger?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Bold 2

Thanks for your response.Its a local site on how to make free calls.And when I registered,I saw my BB details:Blackberry 9700 and my IP address displayed with the manufacturing country.

Sounds more like it's reading cookies from some other site stored in your PC.

Maybe your PC is hacked, your BlackBerry is not hackable.

It's never happened, maybe it will be in the future, but your's isn't the first ever.

Knowledge Base Updates