Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Messenger Invite Contact issue

Ok, so basically, I used to be blackberry contacts with someone. Then they got a new phone and PIN, and we never readded each other. The other night I got a request from this person (with their new PIN) and I clicked accept. But then their contact name went into the Pending (Waiting for authorization) category rather than contacts. I panicked thinking that it would seem as though I was the one who added them rather than them adding me, so I deleted the contact. Then last night I received another request, so I accepted and the same thing happened. Pending (waiting for authorization) what does this mean/why is this happening? I successfully added someone else recently, and nothing like this happened.

Any help?

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: DiGi

Re: Blackberry Messenger Invite Contact issue

I'm having the same issue too. However, the missing contact I have is an existing contact. I tried inviting the contact (let's call him Andy) and it went into "Pending (Waiting for Authorization)". I remain on Andy's BBM contact list. I am able to see his status updates & text him but can't initiate a conversation with him after I end the chat.

Please let me know what is the problem with BBM. Thanks.