Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Messenger Problem

Hi,

I recently updated the software on my Torch, and now when I receive a group message I only get access to a "Message Preview" on the Messages page. In order to actually read a group message I have to go all the way through the group to get to chats etc, and its a complete pain. Is there anyway to remedy this, and have it so that when the new message comes up on my messages page I can go straight into it in the chat, rather than having to go this long circuitous route?

Thanks everyone!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Messenger Problem

what happens when you click on that line in the message app?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

When I click on it I am taken to a page with just the message preview at the top. On that page I can't do anything, I can't even click on it, which means I just get the beginning of whatever is said as a preview, and if i want to view the message have to go back and all the way through the group menus in bbm...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

when you have that preview, do you confirm that there is just a line with a button underneath ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Let me try and explain a bit more clearly:

When I go into my messages (where all my emails are, and normal bbm conversations) the group bbm message appears as normal. I used to be able to just click and go straight into the group chat. Now it just open a new page with a message preview. All there is the name of the group, the name of the chat, and the beginning of the message. Below that the entire screen is completely blank. I cannot click on this preview or do anything on this page. To get into the chat I have to go all the way through bbm and the chat menus... Takes ages.
Visitor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: etisalat

Hello,

I have the same exact problem and really need to resolve it. It is worse than a pain, it is annoying and makes me wonder which genius at RIM thought this preview nonsense was a great idea. So NOT user friendly.