Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Blackberry Messenger and App World Not Running

Good day,

I have a problem with my blackberry device. So, it started with my whatsapp which needed to be upgraded. 

Went to appworld to download and install it, but after reboot, I cant seem to find my whatsapp application. not only that, i cant find my blackberry messenger and blackberry app world as well. i looked at the Setting/Device/Application Management.

It seems that they are still isntalled, however, they are not running.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Messenger and App World Not Running

Hi spiker88

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , after reboot if still can't locate then  On your HomeScreen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search for it if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “   “unhide “ 

In addition check this article : How to locate a missing icon on a BlackBerry smartphone

If that does not help then Uninstall those application from : Options > Device > Application Management > delete those application. Perform a Battery Pull Restart after that..

Finally from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download BBM on your device.

For BlackBerry World from your browser click http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 .and you can download whatsapp from BlackBerry World again.But perform a Battery pull after each Install.

Please try that and let us know. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Thanks! 

Have tried to delete all the apps. now, for the bbm, tried downloading it but it always said internal error after i logged in . cant seem to download it hahaha. blackberry without its bbm feature is really depressing lol.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi spiker88

Have you downloaded BBM ? If you are having issues with BBM then first install BlackBerry world , after reboot open BlackBerry world it may prompt you to install latest version of BlackBerry I'd software , first install that ,reboot your device ,make sure you are login to your BlackBerry I'd on your device then try BBM again .

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.