Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Messenger problems

I have just uploaded my blackberry messenger contacts onto my new bold 9780. however I cannot see any of my friends profile pictures and they are not able to see mine. I am using the newest version of blackberry messenger (5.0.1.41). Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 Firmware: 6.0.0.448 (1879)
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA; Vender ID 100

Re: Blackberry Messenger problems

[ Edited ]

did you encrypt your contacts?  When i Encrypted mine, i was not able to use the voice dialing when phone was locked and my apps that used my contacts could not view them or they were not complete.

Also i checked my messenger and i noted that i had some contacts that were not linked to my blackberry contacts [option key {link to blackberry contact}]  i hope that is not the problem or that someone knows how to stream line it for you

My Device: bold 9780

i have the same problem with mine, i dont have any profile pics on my bbm contact list and my friends cant see mine on there list....what would you suggest that i do, i added everyone individually through there bbm pins

kind regards

kelly

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 Firmware: 6.0.0.448 (1879)
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA; Vender ID 100

I really want to help but most unfortunately my skill set has been exhausted... Since this is my first blackberry, I only have one friend on my BB messenger, and I have a pic for that friend in my contacts, but as you both have stated, it was not in my BB messenger contact, so I tinkered around and noted that the BB messenger contact had an option to "link to Contact" I selected that and then located the contact and then his picture was on the BBM contact.  Now as to why your friends can't see your picture, I have not determined how that could be either... Maybe their contact for you has a different PIN, or they have not updated your new PIN, and linked it to their contacts.

I sincerely hope this helps Smiley Happy

Hi, I was just wondering if you could help me

I've got the Bold 9700 and at 1st, I was having problems with updating my status but then I updated by BBM. The status problem got fixed buh once I restored all my contacts, evreyone's pictures disappeared

Its now been 2wkz and I am getting extremely annoyed! I've tried doing the battery pull out thing, uninstalling and re-installing bbm but it just doesn't seem 2 work! Arghhhh help me plz
ThankYou
Highlighted

Hi, I was just wondering if you could help me

I've got the Bold 9700 and at 1st, I was having problems with updating my status but then I updated by BBM. The status problem got fixed buh once I restored all my contacts, everyone's pictures disappeared

Its now been 2wkz and I am getting extremely annoyed! I've tried doing the battery pull out thing, uninstalling and re-installing bbm but it just doesn't seem 2 work! Arghhhh help me plz
ThankYou
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You are not alone.. Its been like that for abot a month for me.. And I cannot find an official statement from BB about this.... Im so pissed, that the android is starting to look pretty good to me

Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hi. Can anyone tell me where on the torch 9800 I can set a tone for peoples status updates. I get the updates but no noise to tell me. All my friends have a sound set so u know one has been changed. I've been through the settings but I only see the sound to change when getting a message but not for status updates. Is this possible on the torch. My 8520 did it. Thanks
Suzieq1521
Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hi. Did u back up ur BBM contacts before updating, if not u can lose ur contacts.
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey guys!I m using the BB 9300. I recently had to format my phone as my phone software got corrupted. Post formatting the phone got reset to factory settings. As a result the BB messenger on the phone was reset to version 5.0.2. When I tried to update the BBM through BB world the only update available is version 7 which is not supported by my phone. Thee latest version supported by my device is version 6 which is unavailable in BB world. Glad if u guys could provide me some help so as to update my BBM to version 6. Thanks.