Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Messenger show - pending (waiting for authorization)

I have had the same issue with adding contacts via pin and email.  I have apps that require a weekly power reset.  Once I performed my full power reset my email and requests came in and I was able to authorize contacts and send requests.  Full power reset consists of turning off BB and removing battery for at least 10 seconds.  If it does not work try again and leave battery out for 10 minutes.  Good Luck

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I have the same problem - I have a Blackberry Bold 9700.  I have tried numerous times to connect with my cousin in Canada and everytime I enter his pin and send it it comes back `Waiting for authorisation`.  He doesnt get the request and his end.  Vice Versa he has tried adding me and gets the same message.  I dont understand why its not working as Im able to connect with other blackberry users OK.

Can anyone help me with this as my mobile provider didnt give me any help what so ever.

New Contributor
My Device: STORM 9500

it is fixed by the service provider

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

I know, mine is kind of different but i am really getting annoyed because I have payed the extra £20 for the bbm and its not working!!! Smiley Sad 

New Contributor
My Device: STORM 9500

check with ur service provider

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodacom

For anyone still having this issue, send request via email to the other phone, PIN does not work 9300 to 9700

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

metalice wrote:

For anyone still having this issue, send request via email to the other phone, PIN does not work 9300 to 9700

Yes, it does. Don't be absurd.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3

I have a blackberry curve 9300. I security wiped my phone and then set up the phone, tried to add someone then it kept saying pending waiting for authorisation please help me

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Curvy9300 wrote:

I have a blackberry curve 9300. I security wiped my phone and then set up the phone, tried to add someone then it kept saying pending waiting for authorisation please help me

1) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

2) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

Am a new user of blackberry, I have tried to add a contact via their pin for the past 3 days, it shows pending waiting for authorisation, and its showing the same message on his blackberry too, how to I add him to my contacts?