Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB bold 9780
My Carrier: Singtel

Blackberry Needs Fixing!

Blackberry produces good phones. But, it is the software that is disarming that good reputation. On many occasions, it is the software that frustrate me, ruining my blackberry experience.

1) When I bought my phone(9780 non cam) I decided to install some apps. I installed the apps that are "a gift from blackberry" for christmas. After installing, I tried the apps and decided to uninstall it as the apps have no relevance to my usage. After uninstalling, I restarted my phone as requested by the app. I received an error 603. That error must be resolved by reflashing the BB os on to the phone. I was left without a phone for the next few days until I can go home and fix it.

2) the desktop bb sync software has lagging features. The application manager could only install and uninstall preset bb os apps like google talk, facebook and twitter. Moreover, it installs a outdated version. Moreover, after using it to uninstall an app, it would recommend me to install it back. It also fails to ignore the apps that are updated. It tried to recommend me to downgrade my twitter after I had updated it using app world.

3) The desktop bb sync software fails to sync the contact pictures. I had configured my bb and bb desktop to sync contacts and calendar items. Some of my contacts in outlook have contact pictures. The pictures are not synced to my phone. Is there a way to sync picture?  because this feature seems like a primitive feature that is avaliable even in windows mobile phones.

4) There is a software glitch when the phone is connected to PC on the charging only mode. After syncing I decided to put my bb on charging mode only. After a few mins, the bb started restarting. The bb desktop software was not connected to the bb. I thought all was fine, till it restarted for the third time. I picked up the phone and I had realized that the whatsapp data was lost. I restarted it again and I had realized that the indexing files were gone. The bb was indexing all items again. I had also experienced a multiple tagging of items.

5) the connection to the bb desktop software through USB is unstable. It works periodically. And sometimes, the bb connect to the bb desktop software automatically using the media mode without me selecting.