Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Newby needs a little Help!

I am new to the world of blackberry.  I have only had mine for about 2 weeks.  I got it for work purposes, and I am confused about this BIS/BES stuff.  I currently have my gmail account set up on my bb.  That account is also on my outlook on my home computer.  I recieve messages on both devices and that is great.  I tried to do the same with my work email, which is a pop3 account, but I would only receive the messages on my bb and on the server,  they would never show up in my Outlook.  Can anyone tell me why the gmail, which is a pop3, seems to be working the way I want my work email, also a pop3, to work, but I can't seem to get it to do it!

I am currently using the desktop software which has been fine, however, I can't open attachements or view pdf's in that version, so it makes work a little hard for me. 

I would GREATLY appreciate any advice you can give to me about the whole email issue I am having!

Thanks!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Blackberry Newby needs a little Help!

I wonder if, when your BlackBerry gets the messages from the work POP3 account, if it is downloading them and not leaving a copy on the server. Not sure. You might want to check with your work IT group to see if they can figure it out. It might be a case where you temporarily remove the account from the BlackBerry and see if it goes to Outlook.

For the issue with attachments, are you using the Desktop Redirector to forward your work mail to the BlackBerry? If so, then attachments won't come through. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Did you actually set up your work mail on your home PC as well as you your GMail?  With BIS (internet version), your mail will only reconsile to the PC that the mail accounts are set up on.

New Contributor

Hey everyone!  Thanks for the advice.  I think I have it working now.  I don't know what the problem was the first time I tried to set it up, but I did it again last night and it seems to be working fine.  Is there a way that I can create rules for certain messages that appear on my bb, such as the rim relay messages that I assume are working with the BIS system?

Regular Contributor

On ur bb set up email accounts look for set up email do what it says. The phne will get a text letting u jbow u did it right and will show email account icon on homescreen for eachvemail account u have. Then go online to ur web page for each email u have and forward them to bb email account