Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Not Recognized As USB

Hello all, I've spent all day trying to find answers to my problem and haven't had any luck. I have a Curve 8330 that worked previously on my Dell laptop for media transfer. However today when I plugged in the USB, it just gives the phone power while not prompting for mass storage mode.

I tried removing the battery, media card, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager, with no luck on anything. Also tried a second computer with the same result.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Not Recognized As USB

Options > Media Card > Mass Storage. Is that enabled? It should be.

And always, a fresh reboot of the laptop might help as well.

When you are plugged to the USB, do you see the charging icon symbol on the battery symbol on the BB?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, the answer is yes for all of those. I have mass storage mode enabled, the USB cord is functioning (Charge icon is present) and I've restarted my computer a number of times.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Check out this kb article for troubleshooting usb connections

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02640

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AZRKirk, is there any chance you have had this device unlocked recently? Using the MFI Multitool unlocker?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I tried almost everything on the list - the ones regarding uninstalling RIM Handheld USBs would not work for me, since that is not an option in either Windows or Blackberry Device Manager.

@ JSanders - No, I haven't done anything different with the phone since it was working, like unlocking it.