Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Blackberry OS 7.1 for BB 9900 Avaliable on the Optus Network (in Australia)

[ Edited ]

Just upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9900 to OS 7.1 and thought I should share with you all Smiley Very Happy

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.921 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.1.0.921
Consisting of:

• Applications: 7.1.0.267
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.230
  • File name: 9900Asia_PBr7.1.0_rel921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.267_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe
  • File size: 214.52MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Here is a link to manually download it

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=B4A528955B84F584974E92D025A7...

You can also plug in your BB 9900 phone to your computer and use the Blackberry Desktop Manager and update it from there

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry OS 7.1 for BB 9900 Avaliable on the Optus Network (in Australia)

Thanks for link..

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Can this OS 7.1 update apply to bb9900 here in the Philippines? Been wishing for a mobile hotspot feature for blackberry since I am on an unlimited BIS plan. Checked software update in my device for OTA but nothing. Feedback I get eveytime i click on CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATE is--- my BB is updated. Sigh! Couldn't wait for the OS 7.1 to be available in the Philippines. Your prompt feedback and advise will truly be appreciated. Thanks! Ms. Markey macpage@yahoo.com.ph
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

That OS 7.1 can be applied to ANY 9900 phone.  The reason you're not getting a notification of an update is because your carrier in the Philippines has not yet released it to their customers.

If you look around these forums, there are instructions for loading an OS that doesn't come from your carrier to your phone.  If you follow these instructions, you can update your phone.  Your carrier will not support the phone if anything goes wrong (until you downgrade to the previous OS) but we can always help you here if your require it.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Hi! Thank you for your prompt reply. I am sorry though but I seem to have missed the part or instructions where i can download os 7.1 that doesn't come from my network. I guess the time must have affected my vision and coherence. It's almost 3am here in the Philippines and I am kinda sleepy but my curiousity is keeping me from hitting the sack yet. My bb9900 is open line. i didn't get it from my network/carrier. Do you mind, giving me the link of the download and instructions? Many thanks! Ms. Markey
Contributor

Hi Again! This is part 2 of my thank you reply to you and request for assistance to send me the link to download os 7.1 that doesn't come from my carrier. You also mentioned that it was posted in the forum. I am not sure if I found it. This is the only post ive seen with the link. Kindly advise if this is the one. It doesn't come with the instructions tho you mentioned: Blackberry OS 7.1 for BB 9900 Avaliable on the Optus Network (in Australia) [ Edited ] Options Thursday - last edited Thursday Just upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9900 to OS 7.1 and thought I should share with you all   BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.921 (Asia) Package Version: 7.1.0.921 Consisting of: Applications: 7.1.0.267 Software Platform: 5.1.0.230 File name: 9900Asia_PBr7.1.0_rel921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.267_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe File size: 214.52MB Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.   Here is a link to manually download it   https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=B4A528955B84F584974E92D025A7...     You can also plug in your BB 9900 phone to your computer and use the Blackberry Desktop Manager and update it from there Kindly advise if the above post I pasted is the one you were referring to? Thanks! Ms. Markey
Elite II

The instructions can be found here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Don't worry about what model of phone it says it's for.  When you go to the download sites, just find your model of phone in the list of OS offered by a carrier and follow the instructions.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Thank you for the link. Is it ok to download link directly to my bb9900 device? Or the link was intended for desktop download? I am using MacBook air. I don't have PC anymore. I am assuming the link is an OTA and I don't need to back up my phone since there's blackberry protect anyway. Kindly enlighten me if I got it wrong. Thanks thanks! 
Elite II

[ Edited ]

That's a link to a PC, not OTA.  Does it work on a Mac?  I don't know that one, you'd have to try.  Smiley Happy

P.S.  BlackBerry Desktop Software will automatically back up your device during the update process.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Ok. Sorry for the clarifications. I replied without clicking and reading first the link you sent. Hope someone can help provide answer whether thenlnk Pc would work with mac. But usually based on my experience, mac always has a different configuration when it comes to things like this :-( But thank you still for being kind and generous to extend help to anyone of us here in the forum who needs answers. Sincerely Ms markey