Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl 8100

How do I download games etc. from by PC which is  Windowa Vista.  I loaded the desktop manager that came with the phone but have not tried to download yet.  Do I have to sync my phone to Windows Vista?  And how do I get on the internet from my phone.  On my PC I use AOL.  Do I have to put in the phone AOL to get on the internet?  Sorry for all the questions but I am not computer savy at my age of 67.  Thank's for any help.

Mike 

Contributor

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100

MJG1313 wrote:

How do I download games etc. from by PC which is  Windowa Vista.  I loaded the desktop manager that came with the phone but have not tried to download yet.  Do I have to sync my phone to Windows Vista?  And how do I get on the internet from my phone.  On my PC I use AOL.  Do I have to put in the phone AOL to get on the internet?  Sorry for all the questions but I am not computer savy at my age of 67.  Thank's for any help.

Mike 

Go to the website where the game is and download it to a folder.  The desktop manager will let you choose a directory where the "zipped" files are located.  You will have to connect your phone to you computer.  You connect to the internet by using the browser on your phone.  No on the AOL. 
--------------------------------------
BB 8130 Pearl
IT Professional
Regular Contributor

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8100

Hello Mike,

1)  On my PC I use AOL.  Do I have to put in the phone AOL to get on the internet?

- Your PC's internet has nothing to do with the BlackBerry.   Your internet service is provided by your mobile carrier, and you will need a data plan on your BlackBerry from your carrier if you don't already. 

2) Do I have to sync my phone to Windows Vista?

- Well, you don't have to, but thats the point of the BlackBerry Smiley Happy   The most common syncronization destination is Microsoft Outlook.  You would configure this using the Syncronize option in the Desktop Manager.

3)  How do I download games etc. from by PC which is  Windowa Vista.

- There are two ways to get additional software on the BlackBerry.   The first is to download them directly using the BlackBerry Browser, but you will again need a data plan if you don't.   The second method is done via the Desktop Manager, and Application Loader.  You will need to download the software first from a website like Handago.