Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl 8110 Desktop Software Conflict

Hi,

I bought a new Blackberry Pearl 8110 and tried to install the Blackberry Desktop Software on my Dell XPS 420 using Windows Vista. I installed it and when I rebooted my computer, my Norton Internet Security 2009 went crazy & it said that my Norton subscription had expired, even though I still had 391 days left on my subscription and all of my settings were off and disabled. The Symantec Tech. tried to fix my Norton twice & I told him it was fine until I installed the Blackberry Software - so I uninstalled the software and the Norton went back to normal. Do I actually need the Desktop Software or will my phone be fine without it? I want to add Music, Ringtones, Pictues & update my Calendar, can I just do that on my phone? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8110 Desktop Software Conflict

The things that you want to do requires Desktop Manager to be installed in your laptop. Can you please confirm which version of desktop manager you're trying to install in your laptop? Try this link to get the latest version of Desktop Manger. Version 4.7 is the most recently introduced.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I'm not sure of the Software - I think maybe version 4.6. I also have a Desktop Computer. But I will try the link you gave me.
New Contributor

Hi,

I went to the link and downloaded the 4.7 Desktop Software with Media Manager and it didn't work either. Same thing, it messed up my Norton. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .