Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8120
My Carrier: 07858237092

Blackberry Pearl 8120 problem accessing settings and rest off menu

Hello i was wondering if someone could help me because i am having trouble with my blackberry pearl 8120.

The problem is that i cant access my menu or anything that was  on my menu. It all started  about three days ago when i deleted a file that had a game  in. I deleted the up file that takes you from whats in the file to your menu and the game that was in that file went to the front of the menu but once i clicked off the menu to go back to home screen it started to act up so i switched the phone off and back on again but when i switched it back on all the things on my home screen where gone apart from the applications logo. I tried going down to the applications logo which usually takes you to your menu but it did not display my menu the side bar with the apllications logo just disappeared so i pressed the back button and the side bar that had the application logo reappeared so i tried to click the blackberry button to get to my menu but that  didnt  show my menu eithier.

It had come up with error 553 and a reset button 3 times so i tried that and it still wasnt working so i tried switching  my phone off and taking battery out, putting it all back together and switching it on but that also didnt work. So my boyfriend tried connecting to the laptop on blackberry desktop to see if he could solve the problem that way but was not successful.

The only things that i can access are

Texts

bbm

internet and call logs but i can only access these by  going on my internet and clicking the blackerrry button going down and selecting switch application and chossing one off the above.

Please if someone could help me to solve the problem without me paying to get it fixed  i would be ethernity grateful.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Pearl 8120 problem accessing settings and rest off menu

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You probably deleted something critical and core to the operation of your BB and have rendered it nearly useless now. The only cure I can think of is a clean OS reload. Hopefully you already have a good backup...but do try to take one nonetheless as you will need it to restore from. If you don't have or can't get one, then sadly you will be out of luck as far as all of your data is concerned.

At the top of each device forum, there should be some "sticky" threads that discuss the OS levels available for each model. Please use those as reference as you proceed.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................