Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl Micro SD Card Capability

Is there an application that will enable a user to download and display pdf files on an installed  micro sd card within the Blackberry Pearl?  I know that mp3 and jpg files can be stored and displayed, but I want to do the same thing with pdf files
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Pearl Micro SD Card Capability

None as of yet.
"If You Can't Do It On One Wheel Try Harder"
Contributor

Yep.  but imagine how long a pdf file would take to load on your BB. 
--------------------------------------
BB 8130 Pearl
IT Professional
Si
Contributor

PDF's are perhaps the worst file format to view on a BlackBerry followed closely by Excel spreadsheets.  I don't know why anyone would want to view them.

There are some 3rd party apps that let you view documents. Just check on Handango. Or wait for a new OS that supports it. And I agree, PDF's are probably the worst format in the world.
Contributor

you can use an application called Beamberry. It is a nice little app that lets you view and save to the memory card.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Without any additional software you can view compatible files that are saved on your SD card. Go into the Application Menu, Media and then press the application button (the one next to the green answer button) again - there should be an option to 'Explore'. You can then navigate through the directory structure of the SD card and open your PDF file

You can view locally saved .html files in this way as well.

Update: - you mentioned that you wanted to save to the SD card as well. Make sure Mass Storage Mode is enabled:

Options/Advanced Options/Media Card - turn on Mass Storage Mode Support (you can also turn on the 'Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected' option so that the SD card appears as a removable drive when you connect it to your PC using the USB cable).

On a Windows PC, the SD card will appear as a removable drive after you have entered your password on the BB. You can then copy/delete files to/from the SD card. 

Message Edited by stickboy on 04-01-2008 10:59 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, hide all of the evidence that you failed...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------