Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Pearl - Setting up e-mail accounts

[ Edited ]

Hi again Gareth

Thanks for coming back to me.  The bb was a gift from my employer (BT).  I have been assured by my boss that the mobile is brand new i.e. it has not been used by/registered to anyone else.  I have put my own sim card from my old phone in.  I am on the 02 network.

I can make and receive calls on my bb.  I can also access the internet on my bb via either my mobile network or, any wi fi connection.  The only thing I can't do is set up BIS on the handset for the reason already mentioned previously

We were lucky enough to have one of our mobile team managers down in our callcentre on Friday, so I posed the question to him also.  He is trying to find out who I need to speak to, although, he too can't understand why I am getting the "this blackberry is already registered with another provider" either.  He thinks if might be a faulty handset.

He is going to e-mail on Tuesday either with an answer or a support team contact.

I will let you know how I get on.

Once again, many thanks for your help with this query.

Lol

Jacqui

P.S BT are not part of 02 i.e any mobiles purchased from BT are on the Vodaphone network.

Message Edited by jacqueline1 on 05-24-2008 06:58 PM
Message Edited by jacqueline1 on 05-24-2008 06:59 PM
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Pearl - Setting up e-mail accounts

Hi, thanks for your replies to my dilemma. 

Firstly, my service provider is 02, but I did not get the bb from here. 

I work for BT who use the vodaphone network, but I have been assured by my employer that the bb is brand new and has not been pre-used.

When I first tried to create a new account on the Blackberry website, I tried even selected vodaphone, thinking the handset may have been pre-programmed onto this network, but got the same error message.

I have composed a pin message and input my own device pin number and received the message so I know the bb has been provisioned for data service.

I am currently waiting for our internal mobile team (i.e BT) to come back to me to let me know if they can help with this problem. 

Thanks for your help anyway.