Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl-unwanted Alert@mobile.live.com - Hotmails

Since I got this Blackberry Pearl, I keep getting these Alert@mobile.live.com e-mails that are linked to hotmail e-mails that are basically spam/junk mail.   I have never had a hotmail account or an MSM messenger account.  I use this phone for only work related on-call issues.   All my e-mail from work goes directly to my Blackberry thru our Exchange server.  I only get these alerts on my Blackberry Pearl.   I have had this phone since the end of Sept 2008.

I have called T-Mobile Blackberry support, they sent me to Microsoft Support which sent me to MSN support which then sent me to Product Support/Customer Service which then sent me back to Microsoft Technical Support.   I don't know how to stop these alert@mobile.live.com' s from coming to my phone at all hours of the day and night.  So far today, I have received 9 alerts.  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!  I can only have my phone set to alert me when I get a call otherwise my phone keeps going off for these stupid alerts.

My IT person was unable to fix it either...he thought it would be fixed once we got the Exchange server, but that did not help.   There are lots of employees that have these exact phones through our business account that I am also on, but I am the only one geting these stupid alert@mobile.live.com.   Also, I have not signed up for mobile.live.com type acct. 

Can anyone help me--no one from T-mobile and Microsoft/MSN could help me with this.

Thank you,

Lisa

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Pearl-unwanted Alert@mobile.live.com - Hotmails

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If the messages are all as listed, you can go to your BIS site and create a filter to block the emails.

If you don't know the Bis site address, send me your carrier, and I'll give you the url, OK?

Tmobile BIS site:

http://www.t-mobile.com/bis/

How to create a filter:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04558&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-09-2008 05:15 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Lisa,

If you got your BlackBerry second hand, the alerts you're getting are from the previous owner.  BES (BlackBerry Internet Service) email is delivered to the device's PIN and doesn't require any setup to be delivered.  I suspect you're getting the alerts because the former user changed the password on that email account, but never deleted the email address on the old BIS account and/or never contacted the provider to release the PIN.

If the device is a t-Mobile account, you should be able to contact them and ask them to remove any other accounts set up on that PIN.  If it's an unlocked device from another carrier, you'll probably have to contact the person you got the BlackBerry from and ask them to release the PIN.

Hope that helps.

Jerry
New Contributor

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your advise on my Blackberry regarding the alert@mobile.live.com.  The phone was brand new thru my corp office---I think that T-mobile gave me a recycled phone number as I sometimes get calls for someone that has never worked at our company before.   I talked again to my IT person after going in circles with tech support over the weekend.  He also stated that T-mobile should be able to get this to stop.  So, I will try going that route again and also utilize the information you gave me to help get this resolved.   Thanks again! Lisa

[ Edited ]
I have a similar problem, however, I am receiving unwanted text messages (I think it is a text, anyway) from the same sender. The problem started within the past week. I was receiving them on a standard LG phone the past few days. Then, this week, I switched to a blackberry and am still receiving them. I have had no luck replying "stop." My messages are sent back undeliverable.
 Any suggestions?
Thanks
Message Edited by peakperformance on 01-23-2009 01:14 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

I found a way to delete the alerts or update them. i moved 6 months ago and since then hadn't been able to find a way to update my location.  I found a way with the help of this forum. go to this link http://alerts.live.com/Alerts/Default.aspx but that is only after youlogin with your live credential you then coose the service and you can then unsubscribe or change the settings. this all took me an hour to fine.