Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Playlist

Anyone know how to create the equivalent of an ITunes playlist for music? whenever I create a new folder in music I can segregate the music into different folders but it all shows up together when I look in the blackberry playlist of songs.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Blackberry Playlist

Which device do you have???

With the Pearl, Curve and the most of the more recent devices, you can create playlists either using the Desktop Software(too slow), or on your device by highlighting the song, pressing the pearl, and choosing "add to Playlist" and you can create custom Playlists.  

-- Lonnie (aka javatyger)
New Contributor

My blackberry is the curve, model BB8320g. It is brand new so it should show the playlists option.

I don't mean to appear an amatuer, but I do not get the 'Add to Playlist' option when I hit the pearl. It just plays the music when I hit this button. I cannot find 'Playlist' on any of the menus.

I did find the playlist in the desktop software. But when I move my song to a playlist in the desktop software,the playlist does not show up using the blackberry device.

The songs reside on an expanded media card if that makes a difference. Also, instead of importing  from a playable CD, I moved them from disk to disk in MP3 format. Could any of these be clues to why it does not work as expected?

New Contributor

Here is a link to an eBook on how to create Playlists with the BlackBerry software that came with your phone.

http://www.skyparkusa.com/mobilitytechnology/playlistsforblackberry.html

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

The easiest way would be to use Windows Media Player...

Just use My Computer to browse to the folder/files in your blackberry device... then either Play All (whole folder) or add them one by one to the WMP... then choose save as Playlist and save it to a Playlist folder in your Blackberry device... Remember to save it as M3U playlist type...

Contributor

Re: Re: Blackberry Playlist

Highlight the track you'd like to add to the playlist and press the "berry"button. This should give you a list of options including "add to playlist"
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Re: Blackberry Playlist

bbskynet wrote:
Highlight the track you'd like to add to the playlist and press the "berry"button. This should give you a list of options including "add to playlist"
that feature is not available for old OS like 4.2.2.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: MTN

you can create playlists easily with our playlister app. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19700856/?lang=en
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

thank you ajibz,

but the discussion and my reply were in 2009.
Since then, for devices with OS4.5 and higher, creating playlists is available directly from the music player.

Am I right when I say that your application has only two features not available by default:
- the ability to copy and paste from one playlist to the other
- available for OS prior to OS5.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: MTN

Actually the main thing the application does is to auto generate playlists for you. If you have hundreds of songs and arrange them in folders then the app works at its best. All the other stuff are just to make it easier to do everything with playlists on the app. Although we are looking to add some additional features to improve the selling point.