Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Egypt Mobinil

Blackberry Protect Backup problem

I recently installed blackberry protect on my Bold 9700, it logs in perfectly with my old blackberry ID, i can locate, loud ring and display messages more than fine, but when it comes to backup.. i tried to do a backup from the phone and it went through and said it was done successfuly then when i tried to restore said there were no previous backup, tried it a few times and i even uninstalled protect and downloaded it again, same problem, now i tried to do a backup from the web and again said it was successful and as soon as i refreshed my browser said there were no previous backups !! 

Protect: 1.0.10.25

thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry Protect Backup problem

I had the same problem with B/B Protect. I'm more safe backing up on my desktop than B/B Protect.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the exact same problem--BlackBerry Protect backups are not working. I have tried with two different devices (each was a bold 9700) and I even created a new account with a new BB ID to no avail.

Any ideas? How do I escalate this to RIM for support?
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm going to bump this thread. I have the same problem.
Successful back-ups but when I actually check on the status of my most recent backup, nothing. No back-ups exist.

I have 3 devices on my Protect.
An 8520 which has archived back-ups.
And two 9300 which are both unable to backup properly. The backups dont stick therefore restore is impossible.

I've tried un-installing and re-installing to no avail.
This needs to be fixed.

Other protect features work. Just the backup, probably most important feature for me, doesn't work.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'll talk with some people would should know about this.

If you don't hear back from me in a couple of days, please PM me and I'll respond with my findings.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: idea

Even I have the same problem but found no answers to it

If anyone knows how to set it right please reply and all the past backups are also lost
My Device: pearl
My Carrier: 02

I recently installed blackberry protect and initially it seemed to work ok,  But for a week or I have received 2-3 msgs per day saying the backup had failed.  Nothing helped.  At about the same time I stopped receiving email notifications but didn't put 2 and 2 together.  After reading this thread I deleted Protect and lo and behold my emails tumbled onto the device.  I am really unhappy with Blackberry and as soon I am out of this contract will leave.  It seems to be very clever but the problems far outweigh the benefits.