Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Protect - The BlackBerry ID service is temporarily unavailable

what can i do about this problem :s it works fine for everyone else

My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Blackberry Protect - The BlackBerry ID service is temporarily unavailable

Same problem unsolved.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Same here, I ran in the same problem using the new travel app.

Do you guys have a data plan?

I don't only what virgin calls "blackberry data" every other RIM apps works fine....

Still no clue why ?!

New Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: bell

2 installs, 3 days, still no go.

Sure would be nice if some1 in the know answered at least 1 of these threads.

Becoming very frustrating.

Visitor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-mobile

Ok, just a minute ago I was having the same problems and noone seemed to have the fix yet... So, I decided to call my carrier (T-mobile) and spoke with tech support. I specifically asked for a Blackberry Expert (believe me, the other tech support people I spoke with just kept telling me to turn my BB on and off and also made me do a complete wipe which did not fix it). What seemed to be the problem was that my blackberry was set on "voice only" on their Blackberry tool. She then changed it to "data and voice" and made me do another reset. Right after that, it fix all the internet problems I had been having with my Blackberry, I was able to log in to my Blackberry Protect and backup right away and I was also able to add an e-mail account to my blackberry phone. Hope this helps!

New Contributor

So we need a dataplan then.

**bleep**-it! I was sold a plan without data, but with all the "blackberry data" (BBM, app world, BBMaps, BBtraffic etc...)

Don't really feel like paying my telco more... I'll see if I can bark at them loud enough.

thanx for the "solution" ;0)

New Contributor

I have data plan, everything data works great except for logging into protect.

May be a problem with carrier(Bell), will call later if I get the chance to see what they say.

Still wonder why no one from BB tech dept has said anything in these threads, even if it's just to say call your carrier, hate seeing ignored threads on a company's support forum.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

nwtxj wrote:

I have data plan, everything data works great except for logging into protect.

May be a problem with carrier(Bell), will call later if I get the chance to see what they say.

Still wonder why no one from BB tech dept has said anything in these threads, even if it's just to say call your carrier, hate seeing ignored threads on a company's support forum.

Hello,

You misunderstand these forums. These are not any part of your formal support from RIM. These forums are user-to-user. Sometimes RIM folks will drop by and comment, but it should never be expected. All of this was spelled out during your sign up process plus is contained in the forum ToS.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I'm almost happy that you have the Data Plan, and that it's not working...
I'm with Bell too....  (virgin actually, but it's just a Bell "sub-brand" now.)

So it points more to the carrier than the plan...

Any one have this trouble with Bell? if not, who's your suppliers?

call them and ask for the real blackberry tech support (the guys in toronto or montreal... not india).

I'll try the same. let me know how it goes.

New Contributor

Update

Finaly got around to calling Bell on this one.

I did have a data plan but was set up glitchy at their end.

20min on the phone for them to find & fix the problem & everything is working great.