Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Protect Update Issue to Version 1.1.1.73

Hello All,

If any of you out there have a issue with verfication into BlackBerry Protect after the update, I found this on Crackberry.com. The fix works. Thank you JCBrunson. go to this link and follow the blog,

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=734704

I had the issue of the verification. Now it works. It seems the update doesn't do the update for the software for the Blackberry ID. Once you reinstall Blackberry protect, It will update the software for the ID, it will ask you to reboot and then once rebooted, just sign into Blackberry protect.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Protect Update Issue to Version 1.1.1.73

Thanks for that, it's what some of us have been recommending in the past day for those experiencing the issue.

You can also go to Options > Device > Application Management and delete the BlackBerryID module when you also delete Protect, and as you reinstall Protect, the updated BlackBerryID module will also be reinstalled.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

You would think that Blackberry would put the update for the BlackberryID in with the update for BlackBerry Protect.

Thanks for the other way of fixing it.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, I don't understand it, but the update is there for some, not for others.

Some of us just discovered this workaround with a couple of other users having this issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

I(I use Bbm Curve 8520 ) recently updated Bbm Protect but it stuck on "Bbm Protect Software Licence Acknowledgement"
I even deleted & re-installed it.It shows half cut letter and it doesn't show options for me 2 either "Agree" or "Not Agree"with new terms. Pls help
New Contributor

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to uninstall again and uninstall the Blackberry ID as suggested. Make sure all has been removed. Reboot and then try to reinstall. The only other thought, are you running the lasstest version of the OS?