Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: AIS

Blackberry Protect problem! Urgent!!!!!

Today, I have backed up my blackberry using Blackberry protect. As usual, once I have new contacts I will immediately back up my data. And everytime, it showed up latest back up is up to date. 

But today, thing go different. I wanted to wipe my device, so I backed it up again, making sure everything is correct. so, I checked the status, it showed up, already backed up. After that I wiped my device..... Now the problem occurred.

When phone started, I checked my protect, it shows the latest backed up is 16 sept. which is really old data. Plus, I just realized that the phone number showing in blackberry protect is wrong. it is my old phone number. 

Now I lost my contacts And data. It really annoyed me. I can't change my phone number. I can't find my latest restore point. what should I do?

Rgds,

yothin

Super Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blackberry Protect problem! Urgent!!!!!

Try checking on blackberry.com/protect.

Also I would like to ask did you use the same BlackBerry ID to access protect?

Let me know if this help.
New Contributor

i checked on blackberry protect website too. it is the same. different phone number, 16th sept restore point.

Im using my email for both blackberry ID and blackberry protect. 

Super Contributor

DId you uninstall your BlackBerry protect before?

New Contributor

i never uninstalled before. but i do remember i wiped my phone for several times in this year. but the data i backed up was up to date. and it was my current phone number.

but this time i don't know why it is my old phone no that shows in blackberry protect. 

Super Contributor

That's it you wiped the device, try this.

1. Open the BlackBerry Protect application.
  2. Select the check boxes for the types of data to restore (E.g. Address Book).
  3. Choose the Backup Frequency.
  4. Select to enable or disable Location Reporting.
  5. Connect BlackBerry ID with BlackBerry Protect by selecting Connect (A prompt to sign into the BlackBerry ID account may appear).
  6. Select Restore From Backup or Start Protect (Please note that Start Protect has the ability to remove previous backup files).
  7. Review and accept the terms for the BlackBerry Protect Service License Agreement.
  8. Select a backup file to restore from.
New Contributor

yes. i tried. it still the same. old phone number. not current one. 

and the restore point is still the same. 16 sept. 

I backed up at least 4 times for past 2 weeks. but it didn't show any single back up history on BB protect.

Super Contributor

When you access BlackBerry protect what are you selecting, add device or switch device?

cause if you will select add device it will delete all previous back up, this is by design.

New Contributor

when i access BB protect, it shows me my current device. and i didn't switch or add any device. Opened up, it asked me "start" or "restore". 

my main question is, why my old phone number is still with the BB protect???

Old number - from Country A

current number - The country i am living now....

Super Contributor

Ok I think I got it now since we are using BlackBerry ID to access protect and you used the same BlackBerry ID on you old device right.? With that, the PIN of your old device and the PIN of your current device are associated with the same BlackBerry ID that's why this is happening. To prevent this I suggest that you create a new BlackBerry ID using another email address.