Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold Touch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Protect service is temporarily unavailable

I downloaded Blackberry Protect from Blackberry App World. It worked as promised for maybe a month, but then it stopped backing up.  There is a message which states, "Blackberry Protect service is temporarily unavailable". I haven't done much digging in this, but it seems strange that it just stopped working. I have gone into the options menu and selected "restart BB Protect", and nothing changed. I have also logged into BB Protect's website on my desktop, but I didn't seem to find any useful info there for my problem. Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 9100
My Carrier: videotron

Re: Blackberry Protect service is temporarily unavailable

I have download Blackberry Protect and it did worked. I constantly have the message: Blackberry ID is temporarely unavailable. Don't know why. Maybe it is the same problem as you ???

New Contributor

Yeah, I'm hoping someone out there in BB world will see this with an answer!! I really love the whole idea of the program, just wish I could get it working again. If you find a solution elsewhere please let me know.

New Contributor

Hi! I'm not sure if you ever fixed your problem, but I finally fixed mine. I had to update BB App World on my phone. For me I had to delete the one that was already on my phone and download a new one. Once I did that it pretty much took care of everything. Updated my existing BB Protect, BB Messenger, and new BB App World works much better. Once it updated BB Protect it's been working and backing up seamlessly. Hope helps. 

Contributor
My Device: BOLD9930

Has this fixed worked for anyone else yet?

BB Protect stopped working within 2 days of downloading it.  It is giving me the same error message and is telling me I have an invalid id now?

if that was so I would'nt have been able to post here

Great people show thier greatness by the way they treat little people...

I love my BOLD 9930.........Meooooow! Smiley Happy
Visitor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: zain saudi arabia

Yeps I am facing similar trouble and the same error message "temporary" my foot. Been a while now since I switched sims and I lost bb protect too.
Help
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: maxis

I can't reinstall BlackBerry Protect into my BB 8520. Everytime I tried to download, it is failed and there is a pop-up message appear which is states -- “ 907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 404: Not Found ” What's that mean ? Need help ! Any solution on this would be appreciated ! Thanks.