Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Blackberry Screen turns Inreadible

Hello,

I own a Blackberry Bold 9900,

I have a certain issue which has appeared nearly 2 weeks ago and seems to bother me more and more. Every time my Blackberry is left unused for a while and needs to switch into battery saving mode (or left any longer into password protection), it gets "stuck". I have no better explanation for this than to describe it as "twilight". By that I mean the backlights are on, and everything remains grey near to black. You can see some or a little when holding the screen in various positions, but it will remain inreadible. The 9900 is then not suited for operating and will remain so until I do certain steps in a particular order.

This stage of twilight continues up to 10 minutes, until I hit top keylock-button and press any key after that. Only in this order my screen will return and allow me to use it again, only to fall back into the mentioned issues when left unused. 

I have no clue what causes this, and I am really sure that nothing external (e.g.: water or falling damage) has happened as well.

However, I did notice that during most of these times my Blackberry generates more heat than ever, coming from the back.

Could this be any OS related issue that causes my 9900 to overwork and via one of these processes to scramble my screen as well?

I am helpless when it comes to this, and it would hurt me to deliver this handheld back to Tmobile or the Dutch blackberry services because in the past this barely helped me and only left me with a prehistoric HTC smartphone with no internet access at all for over 6 to 7 weeks.