Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind mobile

Blackberry Shuts Down when I make a phone call or access to the internet

Please help someone, 

I know there are similar question before. I took a look at them. but there was no solution. 

just crossing my finger. 

my blackberry is...

Curve 9360

3G wifi

7.1 Bundle 2102 ( v 7.1.0.746  Platform 9.6.0.112)

Hope it is enough info on my cellphone. 

Everytime I make a phone call or use the internet, it shuts down immediately. when I received the phone call as well. 

and I need to charge it first and then I can turn on again.

It is not buttery consumption since the buttery sign shows almost full when I turn on again. 

I would like to fix and use this phone at least another year. It has been 2 and half years. should work properly more!

Thank you in advance!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Shuts Down when I make a phone call or access to the internet

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

I will try this since I am having the same problem with my BB.  This is my 2nd BB and I have had this Curve 9360 for 2 years with one more year in my contract.  I went to the provider, who without even looking at the phone, said it was the battery and not worth replacing.  Instead, they suggested a new phone.  I am dissapointed that I am having this problem after just 2 years so if your suggestion doesn's solve the problem, I guess I will have no choice but to get a new phone.  Unfortunately, if that is the case, it won't be a Blackberry if I can't rely on a phone to last more than 2 years, unless you have any other suggestions.  Any help you can provide is appreciated. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Just to be clear, only the first half of what I suggested has any chance of actually solving the problem. If it does not, then the second half is merely a diagnostic, to try and determine if the problem is the device or the battery.

Please also realize that the device will always last longer than the battery...battery technology in our world is not to the point where they last forever. They degrade over time...that's just the way things are.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind mobile

Hi everyone who gave me solutions,

I appreciate all of your help and Im so sorry for late update. 

I tried them, but did not work unfortunately. so I bought a new battery for $9 and now it's working very well like a new phone. 

I will try to charge battery when it's almost gone.(not all the time) and try not to use phone while it's charging.

I believe that it lengthens cell/battery life. 

Thank you again for your help.