Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Storm 9500 "Unable To Create.... RESET" Happened during upgrade

Hi all.

I'm new to the Storm, but believe you me, I have been all over the internet trying to find the proper resolution to my case here. I found one or two instances where they noted they fixed it, follow the directions, but can't seem to fix the problem. Here's what happened:

Got my Storm 9500 Saturday, worked fine and dadny, a little laggy, no big deal, but had horrible battery life. (6 hours and dead) I read that updating your phone improves it about 80%. So I bought myself a micro usb cable, from Blackberry. Plugged her in and did the online update Wednesday night. Well, I don't think the update completed. I was in it about 20 minutes, the process had started, tehre was a

computer screen and such showing on the Storm, indicating the transfer. TH online update rebooted the phone, and a message popped up saying to the affect "Cannot perform multiple startup" and that was it. The phone immediately started to reeboot. It now reboots none stop. Red LED flashes, black screen with the clock indicating boot, then the screen goes white (where it normally says Blackberry on bootup) and the it quickly flashed in the center of the screen "Unable to create...RESET" the Reset is writting in a solid black rectangle. The phone then reboots like this nonstop until the battery dies.

Now, what I've tried to fix it...... Everything under the sun.

Tried the jl-cmder to wipe it.. won't connect, even when i force it through msdos prompt. it gives me an error that 'cannot connect to device. Error openind communication port" to that affect...

Tried re updating the software using the DM tool. goes as far as loading JVFM software, and then it tries to connect to the device multiple times and reports a fatal error.. cannot proceed.

I then try forcing the install by using the loader.exe directly. it connect, and instead of giving myself the software options says "Contact service provider etc" I use the ADD button to add the software manually, it seems like it's compiling it to get it ready to transfer to the device, but then a message pops up saying that htere is no software for this device. Mind you, it has the whole Device Pin: Unknown report the entire time. 1 out of 10 reboots, the actual pin will show up.

So.. I can't get anything working. I've used XP, I've used Vista, i tried a memory program... There's obviously no software on the device, and the flash memory must have some how flash itself using the online update from RIM.....Any help would be great.. I hardly had a chance to explore my new device before it became the equivalent of a brick. All i wanted to do was update the software so I could access the Blackberry Apps and stuff too..

If anyone can help.. please do. I've been to crackberry.com and tried all of their Unbricking 101 tips also. Nothing seems to be working. But there is one report of someone having the exact same issue noted, and claimed to have fixed it himself without having to send the unit away.

Developer

Re: Blackberry Storm 9500 "Unable To Create.... RESET" Happened during upgrade

Check this article
----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post
New Contributor

Thanks Rafo. Unfortunately I've tried that one a gazillion times. It doesn't work for me at all. I can get as far as the section where you select the software you want to load, but then there it reports a fatal error as it attempts to connect to the Storm. There's some obvious communication error... that article unfortunately doesn't help.
Developer

In such cases device does respond for a one-two seconds when it starts.

And the main task is to catch this point in launched Loader.exe and press the button.

It is completely annoying and non-convenient, I agree.

In some cases it gave positive effect. But only in some cases.

If you still cannot reload the OS on your device - take your device to the nearest repair shop.

There is nothing broken in hardware, it is wrong data written in device memory.

And device memory has to be reset by a technician from a repair shop.

----------------
New Contributor

That's exactly what I assume it be, but I can't get the proper timing to initalize the loader. I've done it over 120 times when it begins to boot, in the middle off, etc etc. I don't know if my timing is just horrible or what.. but it doesn't seem to be working.

New Contributor

Is it possible that I was conned and given a preproduction phone or something?? the pin and all that jazz worked. I just removed the battery and compared it to my fiance's tmobile branded pearl. In the Pearl, she has the device pin, number etc, and CE stamp etc on the same sticker. On the Storm though, there is just one sticker with the PIn number etc. No CE stamp and other markings as found on the T-mobile phone. It also say "property of research in motion'.... Assuming this is a prepdocution phone, would RIM be able to tell me and would that be the reason none of the 'unbricking' methods work. Would that be the reason my legit update messed up the phone?? Any help is appreciated.
Developer

[ Edited ]

As far as I know there is no clean no-branded devices exist.

There is a "World Edition" devices exist - but I have no information about them.

All devices I have before and I have now  are branded by a cellular operator logo.

RIM does not release devices to market. RIM provides devices to cellular operators and they do branding and upload branded device OS and after that they are selling these device via their channels.

But in any case - it is a RIM device. And before I met infinite-restart-loop problems with branded BlackBerry devices.

I could re-animate one device and returned it to the life. But for another device (BB 7290 T-Mobile) I could not do that.

This problem is common for all BlackBerry devices.

Message Edited by rafo on 09-05-2009 12:18 AM
----------------
New Developer

I have the exact same problem. Please keep me posted if you find a fix. I got another phone for now, but would love to have my storm back.

Thanks Again

Bill

I have the same problem, does anybody can help?

I have lost my storm during firmware upgrade.

BRGS,

Rodrigo

New Contributor
My Device: 9500, 8900, 9000
My Carrier: Movistar AR

I have de same problem!!!!  Plase help meeee   Smiley Sad

thanks!!!