Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Storm 9530 Sucks, I'm not happy at all !!!

Everyone

I just upgraded my Verizon cell phone to a Blackberry Storm 9530 a few months ago, well.... In such short period of time I had to have it replace 5 TIMES !!!  YES, I SAID FIVE TIMES !!!Man Mad

All because this phone comes with a huge amount of issues.Man Surprised... aaaahhhh and the bill is..... $$$$ not worth it for the type of service that I'm getting for this cell phone.Man Sad

I use my cell phone for both: work/personal use.... Guest what, I lost all my contacts and pictures= 243 contacts and 200's pickRobot Mad

Sorry BB I trusted you.... but know, I will wait for the Droid's X, I will not wait until my 2 year contract is up with Verizon. I will throw you in the trash forever, that's were it belongs !!!Woman Sad

Worst of all Verizon wont give me another cell phone, they keep giving me more and more refurbished ones, do I deserve this type of service ? I don't think so. They said that I'm lock up on my contract. !!!

Of course, I signed for a 2 year of GOOD SERVICE !!!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Blackberry Storm 9530 Sucks, I'm not happy at all !!!

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.
It is always helpful to receive help, to include your exact BlackBerry device Operating System version, found on your BlackBerry at Options > About, third line down, looks like "v4.x.x.xxx"

How did you lose your contacts... you failed to say. And your pictures?

There's no reason for that to happen when you have a backup of your device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Sanders

Thank you for replying; I have a Version 5.0.0.328 on my current "new" refurbished cell phone which was given to me 2 days ago ( I haven't been able to updated yet) I lost all my contact when the technician at Verizon store tried to reboot the cell phone trying to reinstall the software, that's when he told me that he lost everything, no contacts, no pics, no browser application and pretty much notes and other applications that I had on the memory. I spend almost 5 hour at verizon trying to restore the files on the old cell phone.

Thank You

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

[ Edited ]

1. So you didn't have a backup of your contacts and pictures? Oops.

And I have no idea what they did at the store, but backing up the device FIRST should be in their standard operating procedures.

2. At least upgrade to the latest officially released OS for that model BlackBerry.

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/219900-latest-os-9530-5-0-0-808...
Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Storm 9530

Gotta agree with you.  My daughter and I have had the Storm, which was replaced 3 times for each of us.  Phone sucks, and Verizon keeps replacing it with the same p.o.s. even though they knew there was a problem and would not give us Storm 2.

And it took months for them to get a  BB Desktop manager for my Mac computer.  Synchs calendars repeatedly so I have each item 3 or 4 times.  There's got to be a smarter smartphone, it should not be this hard to work.

Now my back-up assistant won't work, keeps "losing the connection" no matter what I try.  Then there's tryying to get into Blackberry apps.  Keeps asking me for user name and password, and keeps telling me user name already in use, or unable to validate e-mail address or password. 

I will NEVER get another blackberry...Can't wait for the 2 years to be up so I can get anything but BB.  Droid, iphone, etc...

Can't say much about the Verizon folks for this either, except that I'm not getting dropped calls like I used to on Sprint, all over town...