Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Storm 9530 Update?

I found out how to check for updates through wireless updates on my phone but when I check to see if there are any its telling me there are none. I have version 4.7.0.148......I thought there was supposed to be a version 5 help please?????

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Storm 9530 Update?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Updating OTA is, IMO, the worst choice. Typically, many have wound up losing all of their data. Not pretty.

Better is to use the update package from your carrier (VZW, can I assume?) and the Desktop Software (so as to Backup and Restore). Follow these instructions:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

i need help can someone please help i am have a blackberry storm 9530 i am on v4.7.0151 which update is next i would really like to know

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

nard_uses_a_storm wrote:

i need help can someone please help i am have a blackberry storm 9530 i am on v4.7.0151 which update is next i would really like to know

Hello,

While this link is contained within the prior link provided, I'll provide it again for you:

Each carrier releases their own OS...some are the same, some are not. The carriers choose. So, use that portal, find your carrier, find your device, and that will tell you what is "next" for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................