Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Storm My Computer does not recognize my PIN

[ Edited ]

My computer doesn't seem to recognize my Blackberry Storm when connected. Recently, I updated the software on my phone to 4.7. The desktop software was still at 4.3. On Sunday, I connected the phone to my computer and that was the beginning of my issue. I uninstalled the software from my PC. Then I reinstalled the updated software from the BB website. But, I still get the same issue. I see an icon on the bottom right of my window that says, "Device Disconnected", while in the PIN number area it says, "NONE". I don't know if the issue stems from the USB cable. When connected to my phone, the phone is in charge mode.

Any advice on what to do?

Message Edited by jbriones on 06-15-2009 02:44 PM
Super Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550 OS 5.0
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Storm My Computer does not recognize my PIN

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome to the forums. It sounds like you may have a driver issue. Windows Vista or XP should automatically install drivers, but if you follow the link below, it will take you to BB desktop software page. Select the drivers download and install them. Then reinstall the latest desktop manager which is 4.7. Than try plugging in the device after everything is installed and re booted. Do a battery pull on the device also ust so everything is fully reset.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Message Edited by GMAN58 on 06-15-2009 10:27 PM
If I or any one else helps resolve your issue, please click the KUDOS!!

REMEMBER TO RESOLVE YOUR THREAD! PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE ACCEPTED SOLUTION ON THE POST THAT RESOLVES YOUR PROBLEM SO OTHERS MAY USE IT TOO!
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

jbriones wrote:

My computer doesn't seem to recognize my Blackberry Storm when connected. Recently, I updated the software on my phone to 4.7. The desktop software was still at 4.3. On Sunday, I connected the phone to my computer and that was the beginning of my issue. I uninstalled the software from my PC. Then I reinstalled the updated software from the BB website. But, I still get the same issue. I see an icon on the bottom right of my window that says, "Device Disconnected", while in the PIN number area it says, "NONE". I don't know if the issue stems from the USB cable. When connected to my phone, the phone is in charge mode.

Any advice on what to do?

Most of the time a simple battery pull will fix this issue.

Try doing a battery pull..... Remove the battery with device "ON" wait 20/30 seconds and reinstall the battery, wait for device to reboot (reboot can take up to 2 minuets)

Mine will also do what you are explaining and a battery pull will clear ir right up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

jbriones - WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Hope you were able to resolve your issue with your BlackBerry. Please let us know if we can help any more. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Storm 9530

Thankyou. I tried the battery pull. After the phone rebooted, I was able to look connect the Storm to my PC and worked.

Thanks.

=)

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GMAN58,

I read your post on this issue.  I have a new Dell with Vista.  The computer says the blackberry storm is up and running and ready to use.  I can use VC access manager. 

What I cannot do is see my bberry in the my computer icon.  I cannot drag and drop files over to the device.

Please help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

davidosbon wrote:

GMAN58,

I read your post on this issue.  I have a new Dell with Vista.  The computer says the blackberry storm is up and running and ready to use.  I can use VC access manager. 

What I cannot do is see my bberry in the my computer icon.  I cannot drag and drop files over to the device.

Please help.

Please see this procedure for enabling your device to be seen as a USB drive (or drives) on your PC:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi,

Dave here.  This did not solve the problem.  The desktp software does recognize the pin and is connected to the blackberry storm.  The problem is the computer does not see the phone as hard drive so I can swap out files, etc...

This is a new dell with Vista.  My old laptop was xp and when i plugged up the phone in it would show up as a hard drive and it was easy to move files back and forth.  I tried the fix you sent.  I enabled mass storage on the phone, I have loaded and reloaded the software to no avail.

thoughts?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

davidosbon wrote:

Hi,

Dave here.  This did not solve the problem.  The desktp software does recognize the pin and is connected to the blackberry storm.  The problem is the computer does not see the phone as hard drive so I can swap out files, etc...

This is a new dell with Vista.  My old laptop was xp and when i plugged up the phone in it would show up as a hard drive and it was easy to move files back and forth.  I tried the fix you sent.  I enabled mass storage on the phone, I have loaded and reloaded the software to no avail.

thoughts?

OK...what do all of the settings on the "Options > Memory" screen say?

Plus, is there an IT Policy on the BB? You can find that out on the "Options > Security Options > General Settings" screen...if that screen anywhere on it mentions anything at all about an IT Policy, then you have one on your device. If your BB is a corporate device, then you need to go see your BES admins to ensure that the function you desire is allowed by the IT Policy. If your BB is not a corporate device and you are not on BES, then it is possible that this residual IT Policy (if one exists) is blocking the Mass Storage Mode function.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi:  okay here we go:

on the general settings screen:  it does say, IT policy name:  Default

I was with a big company up until Aug 28th.  At the time I was leaving that company I swapped my old device for a new one and I dont think they ever got it set up in the system.  Even if they did, it should not have this problem.  On the old device and the IT set up, I was able to use the mass storage.

on the Memory screen:

Media card support:  On

Encryption Mode:  None

MTP:  On

Mass Storage mode support:  On

Auto enable mass storage mode when connected:  Prompt (I have tried that on Yes as well)