Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Storm unlocking infomation please

ok. then there is no way to help you on this, with that blank screen. Something is awry with our Storm if it doesn't display that screen.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Storm Mk1
My Carrier: Vonafone Spain

Thanks for your help I suppose i will have to find a phone rerpairer

I an thinking of contacting the newspaper and give the a story about the fact that nobody should ever get a Blackberry because the company does not have any support for users

fpegman wrote:

Thanks for your help I suppose i will have to find a phone rerpairer

I doubt you'll get much help there.

fpegman wrote:

I an thinking of contacting the newspaper and give the a story about the fact that nobody should ever get a Blackberry because the company does not have any support for users

Yea, you're wrong. BlackBerry does offer support, you signed a contract with "Vonaphone-Spain" for support, for which ANY issue which they cannot resolve, is backed-up for by support from RIM. So, you have all the hardware and software support promised and warranted.

The fact is, now you are trying to unlock the device, which normally voids the warranty. And being a 9500 model, it's probably out of warranty at this point anyway.

I have been trying to help you. I am not an employee of RIM, but a volunteer who likes BlackBerry and enjoys helping other users with issues that can be self-corrected. If you want to be a boor and threaten to whine in some newspaper about BlackBerry not having any support for users, please tell them the WHOLE story, including the fact that RIM provided this user support for you in which you've received timely (immediate?) support. And, let the paper know "Vonaphone Spain" won't provide any support for this, either.

Or just chill out and let me make another suggestion?  Your turn.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I am grateful for your help and do realise you do not work for Bb but I would of expected a large firm like them to have an email support team

I also would have expected more support from Vodaphone Spain to help solve this problem considering I have been with them for 6 years

If you can give me anymore help I would be very grateful as I am sick and tired of phoning Vodafone every day this has been going on for over 2 months all I have been getting from them is how to unlock the phone but that is not the problem its getting the phone to accept the commands it was working perfect before I changed over to the new Curve 9380 but now it will not even accept the same SIM card it had in before , If you can help please do thank  you

Fred

By the way it is the law in europe that once a contract phone is out of contract the phone company must unlock it if requested by the owner

I'd try reloading the OS on the 9500.

You will need to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

@I followed the instructions and reinstalled the os but I now have the same problem as before ie when I try to enter the letters MEPD nothing happens the same as before can you offer any more advice please

Fred

Nothing happens?

I thought earlier you stated when you type those letters you get a white screen?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

sorry yes the white screen is there but it was there before I typed the mepd in

Do you think perhaps the phone is unlocked I have tried a working sim in but it still say invalid sim it does the same when i put in the vodafone sim that works in my other blackberry

oK, let's get this straight, for me.

In the directions I posted above...

1. On your OS5 BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

On that SIM card screen, it is white, blank completely, nothing at all on it or at the top of the screen?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

it say's at the top of the screen   "Sim Card: No Valid Sim Card"  thanks