Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Sync program to Outlook Express with multiple identies

I have a Blackberry 8830 and the Desktop software for a non Enterprise user.  I am using internet services to set up my email accounts.  I have set up 4 email accounts and 3 of them have different identies.  I just download a new 4.7.0.32 version of the software and in the setup I noticed that it was only going to sync my Main Identity.  After checking I discovered that only my Main Identity addressbook had been synced.  Is there a way to sync my other 2 identities to my BlackBerry?
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: Blackberry Sync program to Outlook Express with multiple identies

Rick,

You may need to determine the default email service, and change to the correct email service by completing the following steps on your blackberry :

1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Message Services.
  2. The Messaging (CMIME) and Calender (CICAL) option displays the current default service.
  3. Display the menu and select an available alternative service.
  4. When the default service is selected, display the menu and save the changes. This setting determines which email service is used when a new email message is composed, or when a contact is selected from the address book, and Email <contact name> is selected from the menu. This is also helpful when attempting to sync diff accounts thru your BB desktop mgr to ensure the data is trasferring through the proper conduits!

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Sync program to Outlook Express with multiple identies

Thank you for your help.  I tried this and it is still syncing to my Main Identity.  You did point out something that I was not aware and that is that I must select the account that I want to send from even though I am replying from one of my accounts.  This is interesting but I already knew that not many people use multiple identities in their email.  Not with Outlook Express and for business.

My business requires me to respond with my partners email address so that I appear as part of his team.  This has shaken my beleif in my BB.