Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Blackberry Torch 9800 Connection Issues

Hi all, I'm new to this and could find a similar post to my own so please bear with me..

I used to have a Curve 8520 and at the end of December got myself a Blackberry Torch.

The past 2 weeks my Blackberry has been playing up big time, it turned itself off in the middle of the night, turned the mobile connection option off in the middle of the night, and the past few days I'm having real trouble connecting. My bbm's sit there with that red square for hours on end, it took me 7 attempts to make a phonecall earlier (it kept saying "Calling" but never progressed to "Connecting" and failed to make the ringing noise), all my phonecalls seem to not get through to me and I just get a text saying i have a missed call. My facebook newsfeed wont update and it wouldnt let me update my status.The screen has a tendency to freeze too.

As of 20 minutes ago it has started to work okay, but this keeps going on like an intermittent fault. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems?

I'm going to raise hell with Orange tomorrow, I'v barely had this phone 8 weeks and its playing up like no other. I'm a student living away from home so can't afford to have a phone that is likely to keep breaking, nevermind waste £35 a month on a piece of kit that I can't even make a phonecall with. Is anyone else having the same problems? at this rate i'm going to have to get myself an iPhone or something, people i know with them seem to have a lot less problems- this is so frustrating!!

Many Thanks In Advance!

x

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 Connection Issues

Before you go raising hell, do a battery pull first as see if that works.

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

The Torch has an Automatic on/off facility. Make sure you have not told it to turn off at a certain time, and back on at another time.

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I am having the same problem but removing the battery did not work...HELP...I know I was receiving phone call, emails and texts...Now all I have is an SOS signal.