Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800- Media Player Volume Level Problems

Fast update!  Thanks for giving the upgrade a shot.  I've been thinking about this too.  Maybe another app is causing the strange behavior.  Did you install any apps recently the issue started up?

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

musical clock or swipe lock have any settings for the keys? 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Unlocked

Wolf and Knotty, I was also under the impression that it could possibly be an app that is causing the problem. Musical Clock does not use a button interface, however, SwipeLock does have a setting in which the extra button (ie. camera button) can be set as a "lock." Not sure how this would interfere with the other side button that controls volume & prev/next song. Let me know what you think, and thanks again.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

Does the volume control work while listening to tunein radio?  Still doesn't explain why you can't change the in call volume.  This could be some strange hardware issue too.  is there a local cell phone repair shop who can take a look at this?  Another way to troubleshoot this (extreme) is to do a wipe, choose to remove user installed applications and see what happens.

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 4169995740

I think I may be able to help.

I just had the same issue with my wife's Torch tonight after the 3 year old messed with it.

The situation may be that you are playing the music out of the earpiece (handset) by mistake instead of the speakerphone.

While playing a song in your Media Player, click the BB menu button and choose Activate Speakerphone, then crank the volume up to an audible level.

Hope that helps.   Dasilto

New Contributor

Thanks, but that isn't quite the problem. In either mode (speaker or earpeice) the volume level does not change. Any other ideas?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Videotron

This problem is easily fixed.
Play some music in the music palyer
Then press the blackberry menu key
Click on options
Uncheck allow the volume keys and the mute key to skip, rewind, and advance music
Voila! Now the volume control acts as a volume control again.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the attempt, scwinn. I actually forgot about this post, but here's the situation. I had to change my housing due to a cracked screen and digitizer, and amazingly the buttons started working again properly. Therefore, I can only surmise that the problem had something to do with the actual hardware. I switched form a black housing to a white housing, sold as a complete unit on an Ebay type site here in Poland, and no longer have the problem. All the software and apps are still the same. I believe it might be a button malfunction, but regardless, problem is fixed. Thanks for all the advice, in the mean time!

ps. Scwinn, my media player doesn't have the option of disabling the buttons under options.