Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bl;ackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Torch 9800 screen problems :(

HI,

Had my blackberry torch a while now and today had a major problem with the screen Smiley Sad I haven't dropped it or anything since I have had it. But it went all multi coloured and then it took me a while to get it back onto normal screen where i could see everything.

Another problem I have been experiencing frequently is where it will freeze and I can't do anything at all. It'll take me ages to turn it off and in the end the majority of the time I have to take the battery out!

Help!!!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 screen problems :(

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

I am running on 6.0.0.600 and dont have the issue you describe.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Glo Mobile

Hi,

I'm also experiencing a similar problem. I've been using my Torch 9800 without any problems for a while now until one day I noticed the screen was all mushy and multicolored and scattered. Some text were upside down, and it just looked weird. I tried using it for a while, then everything became like the negative of a picture.

It looked horrible so I restarted the phone and everything seemed back to normal for a while, then resumed again. It got to a point that the screen periodically blanks out leaving just the keypad buttons and LED indicators on. When this happens (of which frequently it does), I have to reboot the phone. I'm guessing its a screen issue..please what do I do?

My OS is 6.0.0.668 which is the latest (I think) for my phone. Thanks in anticipation for your help.
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

My wife and I are both having the same problem. My phone stared doing this about 4 months ago I have have lived with it, my wife's phone stared to act up like this a week ago (most of the time her on screen keyboard does not even work). We are both running 6.0 on the bell network, no new updates are available. We are stuck in a contract with 2 phones that don't work for almost 15 months. Is there anyway to get this problem fixed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

Man you people think its the phone but none of u invest in its safety but did u buy a case when u got it brand new? Nooooo? Did you put a screen protector on when u got it brand new? Boooooo! You touched it every day with your sweaty fingers - listen people the 9800 and 9810 are **bleep**ty cheap made phones and wouldn't last Month without a case so I know noboy here is telling the full story.