Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

CFL
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Torch 9800 sync with Mac

Dear Members, Can anyone shed any like on the success or not of syncing the new Blackberry Torch 9800 with Mac software such as contacts, calendar, email, etc....All the usual stuff necessary to use this phone to function as a proper business tool rather than a compromised new gadget? I had a BB a few years ago and loved the phones functionality but was let down by RIMs seemingly poor attempt to integrate with MAC users now in the millions! I need to be able to use this phone with seamless integration to a apple Mac system for my business. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 sync with Mac

Hello CFL, 

You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac (available at www.blackberry.com/mac)

You can synchronize your Mac Address Book, iCal (including tasks) and Apple Mail notes with your BlackBerry data.

Also, the Desktop Manager allows you to back up all of your user data as well as update your device software.

Once downloaded, I recommend backing up your BlackBerry first. When it comes to the first synchronization with your Mac, it might recommend to replace the BlackBerry data with what is on the Mac. If you have data on your device that isn't on your Mac, I would recommend to merge the data.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Hello everyone,

Anyone had this issue ?

I connect my torch on my Mac pro, I can see it on my desktop...now I open BB Desktop Manager then nothing...All I see is the text saying: To begin, connect your device to your Mac...

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the v1.0.4 but no luck...

* I'm on 10.6.5

Thank you.

--
Alain P.

My Social Network
Twitter: Get the latest News, Tips and Promotions
Flickr: Digital Photography is my passion, take a look
Linkedin: Learn more about me
Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello picarda,

I would recommend having a look at the following knowledge base article regarding: BlackBerry Desktop Manager is unable to detect the BlackBerry smartphone when the Mac computer is booted into Mac OS X 10.6 64-bit mode.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19728

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I have had zero luck getting my BB Torch to sync with my Macs address book, calendar, other applications. After completing a sync I cannot find any of my contacts that I have recently added even thought they are still on the phone. 

I have also turned off AT&T address book wireless sync in case that was the issue, but it still has not fixed the issue. In the mean time I have done a lot of research and have switched over to Google sync until I can figure out the issue. 

If anyone has any advice I would like to hear it?

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I have had zero luck getting my BB Torch to sync with my Macs address book, calendar, other applications. After completing a sync I cannot find any of my contacts that I have recently added even thought they are still on the phone. 

I have also turned off AT&T address book wireless sync in case that was the issue, but it still has not fixed the issue. In the mean time I have done a lot of research and have switched over to Google sync until I can figure out the issue. 

If anyone has any advice I would like to hear it?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello nsherma1,

Do you get any sync error? Do you have any groups in your Mac Address Book? 

Do iCal appointments transfer to your device or vice versa?

If you have wireless sync enabled for your Address Book or Calendar,  you would need to disable it to use the USB cord to sync.

What is your BlackBerry's default Calendar listed as? You can check under Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp