Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Blackberry Torch 9800 won't load please help me (pics inside)

ok so i lost my battery last night got a new one at radioshack, they told me it would work, i plug it in charged it for 4 hours and it load until about 75% then stops and freezes. ive tried everything please help me i need my phone. DSCN2053.JPGDSCN2054.JPG

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 won't load please help me (pics inside)

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Can you post the model number of the battery, the photo is to fuzzy.

I'm looking up Radio Shacks "Enercell" line now.

The link contains some tips.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB18223Charging behavior of the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

As that is not an actual BlackBerry OEM battery, it could be a battery related issue.  See if you can get your hands on an OEM BlackBerry battery for your device.  Does that help?  If not, and if you can at least get the device to turn on (even if it won't load all the way, so long as that battery signal doesn't continue to show), you should be able to reload the OS to get a functioning device back.

Let us know how it goes when you try an OEM battery and if needed, we can continue to try other options.

EDIT:  Looks like Bifocals beat me to it.  Anyhow, there are a couple of things to check out.  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi joshg31,

I would take out the Engrecell battery out and leave it out.

I checked the  Radio Shack website, Enercell battery only supports up  to a Bold 9700.

(I posted  the engercell so you could check the numbers.)

You need a Blackberry OEM FS-1 1270 mAh. (pictured below)

Here are the pictures for you to check.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Enercell® 3.7V/1300mAh Li-ion Battery for BlackBerry® Bold™

BlackBerry batteries are designed to work with your device, ensuring it is powered for longer and the battery sustains an optimal amount of charge. The BlackBerry F-S1 1270 mAh Battery features a secure, cryptographic chip to ensure you're using a battery specially designed to work with your BlackBerry device.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter