Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Torch 9810 - Syncing Issues

Hi,

I have a Torch 9810 and want to know what my options are for wireless syncing with my Outlook calendar at my work. I  had been using the google sync app to sync with Outlook and my BB and was very happy with that, but unfortunately the Google sync app was recently discontinued for BB. Smiley Sad I have heard that you can sync wirelessly with BIS-but have no idea how to go about it. Can someone please advise? Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Torch 9810 - Syncing Issues

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your PC client is not relevant...there is no OTA communication between a BB and your PC for this purpose. Rather, the BB will synchronize OTA against various email servers that support the feature. How you get your Outlook to separately synchronize between your PC and the server is a separate matter, and not dependent upon anything with your BB or its services. Refer to these KBs:

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB03652 Comparing BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server features

BES-Express is an excellent solution for small companies, and the server software component is free. Otherwise, it is a matter of finding the OTA service that is compatible with BIS, and then figuring out how to synchronize separately between Outlook and that service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................