Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Torch 9810 screen dont show up

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have a weird problem with my blackberry torch 9810, all the lights from the kerboard and the 4 button (call, blackberry button, return button and turn off button) are on and also, the green light LED is on too but the SCREEN doesn't show up. If anyone knows what the problem and how to fix it please tell.

<Personal Content Removed>

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Torch 9810 screen dont show up

Start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Please post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Torch 9810 screen don't show up

Hey back, uhm I did try that like a thousand time :s I have took off the battery pile while on and replaced it but still same results , everything is on except that screen is black .. :/

Elite II

OK, it appears that your phone is not going to boot properly.  The important thing to do now is to get it to connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software (available at www.blackberry.com/desktop if you don't have it installed yet on your PC).  Plug your phone in to your PC, open BDS and wait for your phone to connect.  The software might detect that you don't have a proper OS loaded to your phone.  Whatever message you get, please post back with it and we'll take it from there.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I have downloaded the BDS and yet when i have plugged in my phone nothing happened, they have not detected any probleme. Smiley Sad

Elite II

No problem, we're getting there....

You'll need your phone to be recognized by BDS.  Have a look at this article which shows you how to do that:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 

Please post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

Elite II

If there's no problem, plug your phone in and open BDS.  Click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

Elite II

I have to go now but if loading the OS again isn't working, try booting your phone in Safe Mode:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877 

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

When i have took off battery and plugged in computer then went on BDS, it says '' If the devince is rebooting or has a dead battery. click retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots. if clicking retry doesnt connect the device or the device isnt rebooting with a charged battry you might need to uptade your blackberry device software to connect the problem''¸

so clicked on UPTADE then it says '' If you cannot use your device, you can repair it and restore its factory default settings by loading the software agian. Your media files and documents data setting and most applications will be deleted. Do you want to continue?'' so then i clicked REPAIR.

Then it says that there are no blackberry device software updates aviable. then i click OK

And i have also tryed RESTORE but still doesnt work no screen ...

New Contributor

ohh thanks il try that also but reply as quick as possible when your back and feel like if you want to also Smiley Wink thanks so far and take care