Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Torch 9860 Problems

swipe down in the middle of the key board to hide it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unfortunately this doesn't work. There is no downwards arrow at the top of the keyboard either. It seems fairly static, so I was wondering if there was a more forceful way of turning it off ?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Options, typing, keyboard and enable virtual keybard hide bar to get an arrow on top to close it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

My Device: 9860
My Carrier: vodafone

Hii,
I hava a blackberry 9860 which has some serious problems ever since I bought it. In last 2 months my phone has been in service center for 1 month and it is still in service center. All the bottom keys hangs like hell, you have to press them several time to restart them, phone will stop ringing also I cant hear anything when I make a call unless I do a battery pullout which will sort this problem for 3-4 hours. I have more than 12-13 problems in the phone which I have mentioned but no one at blackberry service center is cooperating at all.

I have sent several mails to Blackberry service centers(redington) on 7-8 different Id's that I got from the customer support number, The best part is everyone there is so shameless that they dont even reply to emails. The only reply I got was someone was asked to look into the matter and than nothing ever happened.

Blackberry maybe a good phone but after sale service is pathetic.

Shubham

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: tigo paraguay

When will you blackberry developers will fix this issue??? I mean, can you make an update to the os7 to use all of that free space of the internal memory for appa like any other smartphone??
New Contributor
My Carrier: Zain

Hi all,

recently i bought a new blackberry torch 9860 and i face a serious problem.
all social apps like facebook, viber, watsup, and App world losing wireless connection while device is connected to wireless network and just internet browser is working and has connection.

when i pull out the battery and but it again these apps work for while then losing connection again.

please help

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

hallad69 wrote:

Hello,

Have just got one of these devices, but have a problem. Some applications appear in a tiny window because the virtual keyboard has appeared at the bottom, however I am unable to swipe the keyboard down or get rid of it. Is there any way to disable the virtual keyboard, or maximise a window to full screen or something ? It's driving me potty.

It's best to start a new thread for a new problem. On my 9800 I slide it open to get rid of the virtual keyboard, but the 9860 isn't a slider, is it? You should be able to swipe down from the top of the key board to get it off the screen.

On mine it takes me a few goes to do it, which is why I don't bother. I probably just haven't learned the right technique. I think you have to make sure you start the swipe on the top row of keys, not above the keyboard.

Guru III
My Device:

Salhab wrote:

Hi all,

recently i bought a new blackberry torch 9860 and i face a serious problem.
all social apps like facebook, viber, watsup, and App world losing wireless connection while device is connected to wireless network and just internet browser is working and has connection.

when i pull out the battery and but it again these apps work for while then losing connection again.

please help

Do you get a BB logo next to wifi when connected? if not then teh apps wont work on wifi. You migh need to resend service book for this or possible your wifi router does not support this vpn like function.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hey!

I own a Blackberry Torch 9860 and i'm facing some serious issues ever since i bought it. Its just 11days old,  phone will stop ringing I cant hear anything when I make a call and the music player doesn't give any response during the whole mess unless I do a battery pullout which will sort this problem for 3-4 hours, my cause of concern is just because of the calling issue and player, all the other features of bb works fine.  please suggest something so that i can enjoy using the features of my cellphone.
awaiting a reply.

Thanks in anticipation

New Contributor
My Carrier: Globe

Hi, can anyone please help me? I use 3g. Is it normal that my battery last for only a few hours?

My unit sometimes heats up too. I dont know if it's because of the battery or the phone itself. What should i do?