Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Torch Buttons Stop Working

since the magent is in a different place, a 9700 holster will lock it and then unlock it upon removal

being that this is too fast, it can be causing a delay.

My screen stays on in the 9700 holster, but it has not locked up on me with OS 246. I am not saying it wont happen to you, as my configuration might be different than yours.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Sorry to disappoint all of you but the Blackberry Torch issue where the buttons dont' work has nothing to do with any case or magnet.  I don't have a case for mine and the buttons stopped working.  12 hours later - without having to reboot or anything, the buttons started working.  Now, 20 minutes later, they are not working.  I'm about to throw this thing out the window.

Visitor
My Carrier: ICE Celular

I am also having the same problem.  The green and red buttons have stopped working, but everything else did.  I cannot make calls unless it is a saved contact.  I cannot answer calls either, unless I configure it to answer when I open the slider.  I cannot turn the phone off, except for going into the menus and selecting the option for that, but then even if I do, there is no way to turn the phone on.  I have to pull out the battery and replace it and then the phone turns on.

I was trying to find anything in the configuration menus to see if anything would be fixed via a setting and then the trackpad button stopped working all of a sudden.  So obviously this is not a settings issue, this is a hardware issue.

Replacing the battery does nothing to fix the problems.  I found that there is a new version of the Blackberry software, so I am downloading and will install, but it does not seem logical that this would fix the problem, I will try anyhow.

Anybody has been able to fix this somehow?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont have the issue you are describing with OS 246.

what OS are you on?

type in a new message MYVER and a space to see it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Update:

I have since purchased the legitimate case , not holster, for the torch.  Since all the other problems with the other case, I have been successfully operating without any issues or freezes.

It seems that the case caused all the issues with my phone.

regards to all

Guru III
My Device:

torch2555 wrote:

Update:

I have since purchased the legitimate case , not holster, for the torch.  Since all the other problems with the other case, I have been successfully operating without any issues or freezes.

It seems that the case caused all the issues with my phone.

regards to all

Congrats and glad to hear it.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same problem.  I have a case logic case for the 9800.  I have sw version 6.0.0.246.  Froze on me 4 times now.  I guess I'll try it without the case for a few days, but I don't want  a phone I can't have a case for.

Guru III
My Device:

There are holsters and Cases, the magnet on most holsters are in the wrong spot and some cases were hitting the screen lock key. Try with out for a day or two and if it works fine then it has to be the case you are using.

My Carrier: Unlocked

Re: Blackberry Torch Lock button is behaving

Is there anyway to by-pass the lock button. I'm a new blackberry user and i just realized that my lock button is half way jammed, still works but is way more sensitive. I cannot keep it in my pocket or it will unlock for sure.

The store says im not the only one, so if Rim decides to issue a recall they can fix it for free. Otherwise i have to go through Rim to have it fixed. And they want me to pay even if i just want to call.

I don't mind not using the button if there was a by-pass solution.

So far, switching from iphone to BB is been ok but not having IMAP folders and having this lock button issue makes BB a step behind.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: orange

well guys let me blow the hoster ideas clean out the water.. this is now my 3rd torch in 4weeks and i dont own a holster.. all 3 freeze, screen or keyboard stop at random times, calls can come in and you cant accept them. Using the camera can cause a strange thing too, its like it turns off, just a black un responsive black screen.. is calling my provider today and asked for a differant phone.. lovelly phone, just far too many software issues.. unacceptable for RIM.. Good luck in finding the cure..