Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Torch Buttons Stop Working

kianiann wrote:

"w" button on my torch 9800 never worked since i bought it . about 3 days.dunno what to do

Take it in for warranty evaluation, which you seek from your original place of purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: three

I have the same problem, I just ordered a replacement top/lock button membrane has anyone else tried replacing this ?.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mrcmason wrote:

I have the same problem, I just ordered a replacement top/lock button membrane has anyone else tried replacing this ?.

if just the sticker buttons, I have done this before and was easy. If you mean the button board inside , it is not easy as the cables do not like to be bent.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I have had my Torch now for about 20 months, and this has happened to me as well - I don't use a case for the phone as well. It was intermittent before, but now I literally can't use the Disconnect/Power Off button, or the green Call button, nor does the track pad click work (though it does scroll). So now if I'm on a call (say leaving a voicemail), the only way to disconnect the call is to yank the battery. Super fun - not. Gonna get a new phone soon, but after this experience not so sure it's gonna be a BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: three

Darwinain, the way to end a call without taking the battery out is with a bluetooth headset, get a small one they dont cost much on eBay I use a Samsung wep 210, I got a new blackberry 9810 today but im not impressed I may well get an iphone next, my problem started when I used my blackberry when it was raining and the water got in, its only 6 months old. I will let you know if replacing the lock button membrane fixes it.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: fido

Re: Blackberry Torch Buttons Stop Working solution

FOR EVERYONE WHO'S BLACKBERRY HAS MUTE AND LOCK BUTTONS ON TOP, BUTTONS STOPED WORKING, AND U HAVE A CASE ON, THE PROBLOM IS: YOUR CASE!!!!!!! 

Well it's not just the case, see if U push down those 2 buttons on top, all the buttons won't work. My case was rubber, so I carved out a little on the top, and it worked!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Torch Buttons Stop Working solution

SOLUTION!! After 2 frustrating days of google search to solve this annoying issue I found that the problem was the LOCK BUTTON located on the top left. I opened the phone, removed battery, removed the slider, removed the Lock Button / Mute plastic cover, and then instead of just cutting the flex cable, I folded the white button inside the case. Problem solved. Online problem now I do not have a lock button but I really I do not care, I was about to dump the phone in a lake anytime.

I saw this solution someplace but left it as a late resource since I though was a software issue.

Hope this help somebody.