Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Torch Problems

I am having the exact same problem, I wen into a Verizon store in Texas 2 weeks ago, picked up the Torch, got home and I could receive emails but could ot open them, And the browser would not work I went back to the store the follwoing morning and they gave me another phone, same problem. They were stomped as well and just decided to gve my money back. I was disappointed because I was excited about the phone.

I went into another Verizon store i Delaware yesterday and tried to pick up the phone. Just as I was abou to pay for it, I happen to mention to the rep that this was my 3rd attempt. he asked what happened, and I told him. He said this was a known issue with the phone. Some phones work, and some don't. he advised that I wait some time until they are aboe to push a fix to the devices.

I am now seriously thinking of getting the new bold...

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

joseph_atallah wrote:

I tried the above steps on torch 9800 but it’s giving me Error message: “The application “Email Setup Library” cannot be loaded because some required files do not exist  , what do i do ? 

You didn't read this thread. It's about the 9850, my post above yours specifically states for the 9850.

That OS upgrade will NOT work on the 9800. Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

heavymen wrote:

He said this was a known issue with the phone. Some phones work, and some don't. he advised that I wait some time until they are aboe to push a fix to the devices.

Wow, what some silly sales person will say. It's not any issue I've seen, and believe me, I keep up.

Anyway, you need to read this thread and upgrade the OS to the most recent .632 version regardless.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9550 Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon US

I bought a Verizon 9850 on Sept 19 in Houston Texas and had the same problems with emails not opening, browser not working, opening help icon produced a blank screen.  I backed up my data via DTM, then reloaded the 0.254 OS and then restored my data via DTM.  It now works.  See Crackberry forum listing:  http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9860-9850-f238/9850-browser-fix-649991/