Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Torch 9800, Storm 9550, Curve 9300, Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIGO

Re: Blackberry Torch Screen Color Problem

Well my BB Friends

There is no other thing that the version of the LCD, I ruin my torch 9800 I try to change the housing and crack the LCD, then change for the 001/111 (the original was 002/111) and I have a negative colors starting from the power up, I need go to ACCESIBILITY and change the COLOR CONTRAST to REVERSE CONTRAST, and all comes back to the positive colors, except the camera and video player, other thing is that I change from portrait to landscape and the phone hung with several applications.

Now I try to find the original LCD to start again.

No more things no more ideas, is just the version of the LCD, sorry folks I try to find more answers since January 2012 but NOTHING

Regards from Your Friend Emilio Wilde
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry torch
My Carrier: john

You are very right my friend, I also had th same problem but when I changed my screen evrything went back to normal...
My Device: torch
My Carrier: movistar

Have you found other solution than changing the screen??? I am havin the same problem!!!

Contributor

Yes there are a solution, you simple need to confirm the model of BB and maybe i can help you with a way to restore your colours back to positive Have a nice day
My Device: torch
My Carrier: movistar

It is Blackberry Torch 9800

I bought it from a friend few days ago. And yesterday when I tried to use the camera the colors of the image were  in negative, however then if you opened the picture from the file, it seemed to be ok with the colors. So I took it with a " technician" and he updated the OS , but then all the screen went in " negative", then he tried to dowload an older version and it got a java error ( something like That) so.... instead of fixing my problem ....now it is bigger Smiley Sad

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe you can send me a mail in response to you i can send the solution.

Regards!

tiferet wrote:

It is Blackberry Torch 9800

I bought it from a friend few days ago. And yesterday when I tried to use the camera the colors of the image were  in negative, however then if you opened the picture from the file, it seemed to be ok with the colors. So I took it with a " technician" and he updated the OS , but then all the screen went in " negative", then he tried to dowload an older version and it got a java error ( something like That) so.... instead of fixing my problem ....now it is bigger Smiley Sad

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Contributor

My friend keep calm is not bigger, it´s a BlackBerry device, not Other, BlackBerry always work, so first Go to Options then Accesibility then Color Contrast and select instead of Normal use: REVERSE, Now you can see everything again in a normal color not Negative, BUT the camera still shows Negative color ONLY in the screen BUT the pictures was OK, now you can send me a mail to obtain the other part of the solution.
I have my old 9800 in the same state for months and the find the solution, now is working really fine in my son´s hands
New Contributor
My Device: Totch 9800
My Carrier: digicel

hi thay have 2 screens 001 and 002 , i got too 9800, s change the board an got an inverted screen wen i look screens wont work an i bought it for parts 

Contributor

The fact is the lcd, there are two types -001 and -002 for some reason some models does not have the problem with the inverted colors when the lcd is replaced, other models have this problem. And the problem is not only the inverted colors in mine when rotate the screen with the WhatsApp messenger opens, mine is freezing and reboots itself, some complication with the accelerometer addedd to the inversed colors. The temporal solution is just go to accessibility and use inverted colors and many apps and menus change back to normal except camera, and others. The solution is simple you need to backup your, enterely device and then run a little magic program who reads the lcd firmware and compatibilizes with the handheld. I run this program in my old Torch and about a year ago the phone stills working in my son's hands. Best regards friends and if you need more info please go ahead and write me.
New Contributor
My Device: Totch 9800
My Carrier: digicel

Thanks got one other problem I also change the touchscreen on the 9800 (got cracked) thay nad on black ones so I bought a white one now wen I make a call the backlight goes off wen I press send ( cell is not to my face)an comes back on wen the call ends
My ? Is r the white touchscreen an black touchscreen not the same . Thanks again for the info.