Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodaphone UK

Blackberry Torch Software Upgrade

Hi

I tried to upgrade the software on my Torch this evening. It's gotten to the third step where it says "Reboot" Connected to device (this may take 30 minutes) but has been stuck there for almost 2 hours! I'm not sure what to do as it says if I disconnect the device it may make it unusable Smiley Sad

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated!

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Blackberry Torch Software Upgrade

Has your BlackBerry rebooted as of yet? If not, are you able to see the LED indicatior? If you unplug your device what happens?

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

[ Edited ]

I had exactly the same problem. I waited four hours. The device appears as though it lost the link to the PC. I disconected it - the phone lost all of my settings. I ended the update program, then reconnected the phone.

I am now stuck on the BB desktop software trying to connect to the phone, just keeps stating 'connecting'....

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodaphone UK

I ended up just unplugging it after leaving it connected overnight. Everything was wiped from my phone but I was able to restore it using the desktop software.

I don't know how to get the new software now as the update doesn't appear available when I connect but to be honest I'm not sure I'd want it after the stress last time!

New Contributor

The desktop software will now not connect to my BB. Not sure what to do.

New Contributor

** would love to be able to restore it!
New Contributor

Phone is wiped.. I still cannot connect it to BB desktop software on either one on my pc's . Need to restore, but not sure how since I cannot use desktop software. 

Help...PLEASE!!

New Contributor

After reinstalling Desktop software and removing all user information, PC was finally was able to connect to the phone. Restored phone from back up prior to this update. Will not do this update again. 

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Hi nmatthews and sanderff,

Glad to hear you were able to restore your data to your devices and get them back up and running. I suggest that if you are interested in updating the device software, do a backup of your device and then try a web-based software update: http://bbry.lv/9X372z

Let us know if you have any issues.

My Device: blackberry ID
My Carrier: 68001

nmatthews wrote:

Hi

I tried to upgrade the software on my Torch this evening. It's gotten to the third step where it says "Reboot" Connected to device (this may take 30 minutes) but has been stuck there for almost 2 hours! I'm not sure what to do as it says if I disconnect the device it may make it unusable Smiley Sad

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated!