Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Torch is stuck on a battery with an X through it!!

My Blackberry Torch is stuck on a black screen with a crossed out battery symbol.

-I've tried doing a battery pull

-I've tried taking the battery out and just plugging it in

Nothing works.

The red LED does turn on for a few seconds when I plug it in if that helps.

Please someone help

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Torch is stuck on a battery with an X through it!!

It means you've got no battery power.  If you're charging it and it still displays that, (1) you're using a faulty charging cord, (2) the source of your charge (i.e. car power adaptor) is not producing enough of a charge to top up the battery, or (3) your battery is ready to pack it in.  If it's a new phone and this has happened since day one, return it for a new one.  If you've charged it many times without problem, perhaps your battery needs replacing.

Just remember when charging that the wall charger is the preferred charging method.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: att

i have the same problem right now someone please help me.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

It appears the rocket scientist at Blackberry have decided to place some type of coding on the battery.  If that coding gets lost, AS MINE DID, you are screwed.

I replaced my battery with a new blackberry battery, it came with a funny cross connecting device that you had to put the old battery in and the new battery in for the unit to start to boot with the new battery.  I did that and it worked fine.

Now one month later I had to do a remove the battery reset, and it comes up with the battery with the X across it.  This is the same thing it did with the new battery prior to using the little device that I had to put both batteries into to get it initialized.

Of course I recycled my old battery and tossed the plastic encoder thing.  So now I have a pieve of **bleep** that will not boot even though the battery is fully charged.

In their effort to control the OEM battery market from making better batteries for the Blackberry the rocket scientist once again screw the customer by making a less functional product!  Yeah!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: TIGO

Hi, I have a Torch with the same issue: it shows a battery with a red cross through it, but also at the bottom of the screen shows a progress bar or something that stops at the beginning of the second half of the screen...

Any tips??

Also, if this is a battery issue, is it true that there is a hidden code inside, so I cannot use any other battery????

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Nando.

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Bell

I just bought a torch of my friend and are having the issue. Ugh! how did you finally fix this problem, I'm worries I will never be able to use this phone?

New Contributor

Stacey, replace the battery. That will solve the issue. I had the same problem, and now my phone is working like a charm.
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

I have the same problem since installing an update.  The AT&T rep gave me a new battery and the phone powered on for a few hours and then shut off.  Since then I am back to the battery with an x.  I have a differnt power cable so what do I do now.  IS the phone trash? 

New Contributor

Hi nikon, must be the cable. Try using the original or buy another one. Also, be sure you're not using an e-sata port to charge the phone, by doing so, you will damage the battery.

You have trashed 2 batteries in a row. So, buy another battery, and check everithing I said before.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: Maxis

Am having the same problem and it's sickening. Just got my phone a few months back and now have to invest in a new battery? Great work RIM.