Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Torch

Hi,

I just purchased a Blackberry Torch - I was able to set up my email account but I cannot figure

out how to put icons on my home screen such as messages- calendar-tasks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Torch

Hi fscrworker,

Welcome aboard to BlackBerry support community forums.

Which email ID you've integrated in your device? It's normal that after integration of any BIS ID you would have a separate icon on the menu screen. Are you BIS or BES?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

My home screen does not show any apps - i cannot seem to figure out how to move them to

my home screen - took it to a Rogers dealer and he could not figure it out either -

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

"My home screen does not show any apps."  I'm assuming the app icons are somewhere on your phone but not where you can easily see them?  If that's the situation, here's your solution.

Find the icon you wish to move.  Let's say it's in your Games folder.  Scroll to the icon until it's highlighted, then push the menu button which is the BlackBerry button to the left of the trackpad.  On the menu that pops up, choose Move To Folder.  From the choices shown, choose Homescreen.

Now your icon is at the bottom of the homescreen but you can't see it without scrolling down to it; you want it at the top so it's easily viewable.

Once again, highlight the icon and press the menu button.  This time, just choose Move.  The icon will now be highlighted with arrows pointing in all four directions.  With your trackpad, move it to the desired location and click the trackpad.

You can now get on with your life and live it to its fullest.

If that's not what your problem was about, I just got a lot of extra practice typing and maybe someone else will benefit from this.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.