Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Movilnet
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Tour 9630 app World

Hello. When I launch blackberry app World falls network EDGE to edge

Also happens when I try to connect Caro with BBM and more third-party applications.

Help me!! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 app World

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 2 and 3 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register on VZW

• Dial *228, select Option 1
  • Dial *228, select Option 2 (you should do this one monthly)

2) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

3) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

4) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact VZW for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Already I resend the service books and not worked.
The blackberry is Verizon, but I use it with an operator in Venezuela.
I can not connect any application to BBM because the signal changes from EDGE to edge when it verifies the application.
I don't know that this is what happens, I need your help please.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

ProxMoises wrote:
Already I resend the service books and not worked.

Well, I did say to do those steps (all 3 STEPS, in order, waiting for each to properly complete before proceeding to the next step), even if they were redundant to something you'd already tried...but it is 100% your choice on what advice to accept.

I don't find "Movilnet" in any of the lists of authorized BB carriers that I can see:

So, the possibilities are:

1. Your carrier does not support BB services. If so, there is absolutely nothing you can do about that; you will be relegated to only services that are not BB-specific.
  2. Your carrier supports BB's, but your BB is not unlocked from it's original, which would preclude anything at all from working.
  3. Your carrier supports BB's, but not your specific model. In which case you need to re-do whatever you originally had to do to get it working on their network.

So, I will ask this...have any BB services EVER worked on this network with this BB?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I did all the steps as you told me.

This operator works with blackberry. But the unlocked blackberry accept not put his original model, to put as a blackberry 8520.

will that be the problem?

Hall of Famer III

ProxMoises wrote:

I did all the steps as you told me.

But you have not told me the result of each step, so I can only guess what happened, since I cannot see what you see. For instance...the HRT registration should have resulted in one "Registration" type message arriving on your BB. Likewise, sending the Service Books should have resulted in one "Activation" message arriving on your BB for each email account you had configured. But, from what you've said, I have no idea if those steps worked or not, since I cannot see what you see. Then again, keep reading...this may all be pointless...

ProxMoises wrote:

This operator works with blackberry. But the unlocked blackberry accept not put his original model, to put as a blackberry 8520.

Ummm...I think what you are saying is that your BB model number is not one that your carrier specifically supports? If so, then all of this is useless. Using a BB on a carrier that does not directly support that model number requires some very special tricks to get it to work, and they are not simple to perform, and they may not ever work. Since you seem to have someone who knows how to do that, I recommend that you talk to them for further assistance.

Good luck!

New Contributor

OK I am going to speak with my operator, thank you.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: tour

When I click on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bb app world EDGE turn Ŧö edge means it take D̶̲̥̅̊ service away W̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇@̤̥̣̈̊̇†̥§ cn I do