Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry TradeUp Program

Hey BB Community,

Has anyone participated in the TradeUp Program through Market Velocity with unfavorable feedback?

Re: Blackberry TradeUp Program

Yes, my experience with Market Velocity left me feeling that I have been ripped off. I traded in a Storm 9530 and the company claimed that the touchscreen didn't work. The phone was in perfect condition when I sent it in, and I have no idea what happened to it during their "inspection" process. Not only was I not going to paid the trade-in amount I was quoted, the customer service rep told me that I possibly wouldn't receive the handset back either. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I guess we will see what happens.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

just to make sure, are you talking about this?

http://www.marketvelocity.com/our-solutions/tradeups-trade-in.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Yes, that's the program. Stay away from this company. I assumed they were reputable since there is a link for the program on the Blackberry website. Not! This company has a rating of "F" with the BBB. It seems their general MO is to tell people their devices are defective/not working right off the bat, and refuse to the pay the trade-in price. The folks who have managed to get their property back have been persistent.

*** UPDATE *** Received my Storm back from Market Velocity last night. I played with it last night to make sure it works -- perfect condition, except for the prymarks on the face where the idiots tried to remove the front of the phone. Why? I think the program is nothing but a scam.