Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Update causing my laptop to crash

Hi all.

I went to update my Blackberry Curve 9300 last night, via the Blackberry Desktop software. It said i hade to update a file, which i needed to download. So, i downloaded the file, which was an msi file.

Since then, my computer has crashed several times and been acting weird. I have NEVER had a problem ever, until i downloaded the file.

I have tried to locate the file to delete it from my laptop...but can not find it. I had to restore my laptop to the previous day, in order to get it to work. Will the file now be deleted? Anyone know whats going on?

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry Update causing my laptop to crash

For sure I would run an antivirus and antispyware check on your system.  I'm not saying you have a virus, BUT what you are describing is kind of strange.

Also make sure you have the latest DM software directly from the BlackBerry site.....

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I did run both antispyware and anti virus checks, but nothing unusual was detected. But since i did that, i still having problems this afternoon.
I was on Blackberry desktop software when it suggested i update. So i expected it to be legit. Im not saying i have a virus, but i have never had ONE issue, whatsoever with this laptop, untill i downloaded that software. As i say...i am unsure whether or not the software is still on my laptop, after i did a system restore to the previous day. But....there is still something not right
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Its hard to tell.  You've done the system restore so thats good.  Only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall the desktop manager and see how the system holds up.  If its ok, then reinstall it using the link from above.

My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

What operating system are you using?  Mac or Windows and what version is it?

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I'd say Windows 7 or 8 because of the .msi file extension.

Im still having crashes on my laptop. I removed the complete BB software from my laptop, but still its crashing. This is DEFINTELY a problem created by that BB download. i had never had ANY issues whatsoever with this laptop. I download the BB update or whatever it was, and since then, I have had nothing but problems and crashes. Is there a way of contacting Blackberry direct?