Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Visor Mount Seakerphone VM-605
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 pairing issue

When Blackberry device connects with My Samsung Propel A767, after identifying the connection, it immendiately opens music player and plays whatever I have on my phone. This is a real big pain as I have to get out my phone to shut it off and hide player. Anyone have any ideas why this might be occuring or how to solve it. I have tried all sorts of options including removing all music from phone which is not ideal and now phone will play ringtone instead Smiley Happy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 pairing issue

irishdragonfly wrote:

This is a real big pain as I have to get out my phone to shut it off and hide player.

Do not hide it. Use the square button on the screen to stop it, then use the menu to close it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you for the tip with the music player but I am looking for a solution to stop the automatic play when the 2 devices are paired. I want to be able to have music on the phone and ringtones too but with this issue, I am strongly considering returning it and finding another device where this doesn't happen. I got the device to free my hands not add another task when I get in the car.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you. Anyway the music should not start at all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

My bluetooth device is a blackberry product and the phone is a samsung, I have done a complete reset on the phone and when connected again the 2 devices merely showed the media player but when I did exercise the option to play music through the device, the whole problem started up again.

Any more ideas are welcome as I am still at a loss as to how to resolve the issue.

Thank you again for all your help