Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry WAP browser

Hi all,

I'm struggling through some internet issues and think I might have figures out the problem, now I just need a solution.

I have a brand new 8330 Curve with Telus. When I first turned it on, I had a Telus WAP browser and the BB browser. About an hour later, as I was moving my app icons to where I like them, one of the browsers disappeared, as did a number of other icons like email setup and some other standard icons. They are not hidden (I'm not that tech-illiterate!).

So, the browser I am using, I think it's the generic Telus browser, seems to be operating like an actual PC prowser, not a handheld browser. I can't visit mobile sites. Even the BlackBerry mobile homepage shows a page stating "this site is designed for use on the blackberry browser" and isn't working.

Is there a place I can get the proper Blackberry WAP browser just on its own? What do I do to be able to see mobile sites instead of the real sites?

Thanks!!!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry WAP browser

As an addition, something seems to be upset with my security settings or something.... I can't download anything through my phone - I get 403 Forbidden errors.

My phone isn't a corporate phone, I bought it directly from my provider on my personal account, and am not on an enterprise server. Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Content Protection is disabled.

Thanks!!!!